F&R Portal Axles on a 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hoser

SILVER Star
Threads
Looks like Alan Podvin's 100. But who owns it now? It's the opening page on Portal-Tek's website.
portal.jpg

I think I just pee'd my pants a little...

those axles are sweet:eek: :beer:

I think my bank account just experienced a tremor :rolleyes:

WoW

Those are some sweet diffs, Sheesh.. I can only imagine the cost for just the parts alone to do a FR/RR swap like that though !

For the money, Christo`s 80-front axle swap is sounding better and better ;)

Nice rig regardless !

odd, you'd think they would have put on bigger rubber to accentuate the effect...?

A few more...
lexaxle.jpg
lexside2.jpg
dlangle_2.jpg

Last edited:
frpntflexledge.jpg
lexside2.jpg
lexflex.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful! Sweet rig.

But, not to be critical though, with that big wheels, you could have bigger gear driven hubs (larger vertical off set) and gain a few additional inches.
I remember those inches as being very critical on the Volvo C303/304 I used to drive in the army.

We appreciate the feedback. We like to know what everybody thinks of our new designs. The truck does still belong to Alan Podvin and the axles belong to Portal-Tek. This particular set of axles is a test set and are currently for sale. They have two moab trips on them plus some stand testing time. Any of you who know Alan and the trucks he builds know he always outdoes himself and so he has some new surprises in store for the lexus buggy which means this set is going to go pretty cheap.

specs: 72" WMS full gen III rears with 7.00 total ratio and ARB. 4340 shafts and 4140 box ends. 1350 u joint yoke. Rear is a bolt in for any 100 series. It has warn drive plates and wilwood 4 piston disc brakes.

front is a fully trussed gen III center with 7.00 and ARB with 1350 u joint. Gen II box ends with portal-tek disc brake adapter. hubs are drilled to 5 on 150mm bolt pattern for 100 series wheels. All corners are CTIS upgradable and all shafts are 4340. The front has a portal tek factory prepped PSC hydraulic steering ram mount and custom heim end adapters for the gen II box ends.

please note that the rotors in the pictures will be replaced by drilled and slotted rotors before sale and all components will be given a factory prep by the portal tek team before they go back out.

Any of you who had the opportunity to see this truck run in moab know just how easy these axles make every waterfall or rock section. cant wait to see what alan comes up with to top these.

refer to the for sale classifieds for details and keep the feedback coming.

Those axles are sweet. I saw the performance down on Hells at EJS. Mr. Podvin Builds the coolest trucks can't wait to see what axles are next for this ride. He must be in tight with Portal Tek to get those before every one else. :cool: I want a set on my 80. Stumper pm me or email me with a price quote. Whats the turn around on a set? In fact my family has a 100 that we wouldn't mind seeing this set on. I am sure that they are spoken for though. Any how those portals rock!

Last edited:
front is a fully trussed gen III center with 7.00 and ARB with 1350 u joint. Gen II box ends with portal-tek disc brake adapter. hubs are drilled to 5 on 150mm bolt pattern for 100 series wheels. All corners are CTIS upgradable and all shafts are 4340. The front has a portal tek factory prepped PSC hydraulic steering ram mount and custom heim end adapters for the gen II box ends.

Stumper, is the front set up as a 3-link or 4-link? Hard to tell from the pics, but I think I see two uppers?

x2 on getting a set of those under my 80 ;)

Pics look good except for the front right tire rotation, the spare should be on there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom