F and 2F Experts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Calling all F and 2F experts.

Question….can I use a 2F or 1.5F crankshaft in a 1F block? What are the differences? I would like to update my 68 from a Slip on Harmonic Balancer to a bolt on Balancer.

The flywheel bolt part number is the same from 3/69 (and probably earlier) through 7/80, so no change there. Unlike the 3FE, where the flywheel bolt diameter changed in the middle of FJ62 production.

Calling all F and 2F experts.

Question….can I use a 2F or 1.5F crankshaft in a 1F block? What are the differences? I would like to update my 68 from a Slip on Harmonic Balancer to a bolt on Balancer.
I have a 1F crank with bolt on balancer if you’re interested. Actually have 2….

I have a 1F crank with bolt on balancer if you’re interested. Actually have 2….
Thank you for the offer, I have a line on a 2F locally that was new, pretty much being given away. I was looking for the differences (besides the threaded balancer)….if any.

No problem.

I have a 2F crank in my rebuilt 1964 F135. The answer is definitely yes, it can be done. Unless you are rebuilding though, it is mission critical that the thrust tolerances on the 3rd main journal are the same, as well as the bearing diameters.

In my original’68 engine in Ruftoys, I milled the claw off the HB and drilled the snout of the crank to accept the 7/16x20 bolt that a SBC uses.
HTH

I have a 2F crank in my rebuilt 1964 F135. The answer is definitely yes, it can be done. Unless you are rebuilding though, it is mission critical that the thrust tolerances on the 3rd main journal are the same, as well as the bearing diameters.

In my original’68 engine in Ruftoys, I milled the claw off the HB and drilled the snout of the crank to accept the 7/16x20 bolt that a SBC uses.
HTH
I have a 68 block at the machine shop now. It is has casting numbers indicating 11/67, and the F in my 68 was cast 12/67. I will be collecting pieces over the winter for a spring/summer build. The ideal is to assemble a long block so that in 50 years or so, my grand children will have a spare engine…..LOL…

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but here goes…
74 F, needs rebuild, both front rod bearings are toast, cam has pitting from something.
60 series 2F for sale locally running well with 175,000 miles, and $1000.
Rebuild F or swap out for 2F. Is this a big swap, and what would need to be deleted, if anything?
Pics are oil pan, and sliver of a rod bearing. No wonder it was so loud.

Not sure if this is the right place for this question,
Probably should have started a separate thread with a good descripted title. I don't think you can delete a post but you can edit your post back to one word such as "deleted" or "reposted".
Pics are oil pan, and sliver of a rod bearing
No pics are shown.

I have a 68 block at the machine shop now. It is has casting numbers indicating 11/67, and the F in my 68 was cast 12/67. I will be collecting pieces over the winter for a spring/summer build. The ideal is to assemble a long block so that in 50 years or so, my grand children will have a spare engine…..LOL…
My block was cast 12141967

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom