Extending front sway bar after 2 inch lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

876 Cruisers

KZJ70/FZJ70/HJ47/FJ80
Threads
I have recently ordered a 2 inch lift kit and wondering if the sway bar will also be needed to extended. And if so what can I do to extend it or is there an aftermarket kit for it?

Regards
Dan

Ideally yes, you will get better articulation with the extenders. On my LJ79 I removed the rear one and fabricated extenders for the front. What model is yours ?

IMG_20200123_183945.jpg

Mine is a fzj70. With leaf springs in the front so the sway bar mounts are different

I fitted these to my 60 series with two inch lift, they fit perfectly. They are off a Holden Comodore VN - VX and don't require any other mods to fit.

This is how my one was done. Just a bit of flat bar
View attachment 2202774
Hey there,

Just resurrecting this thread a little. On this photo of the flat bar extension, your sway bar rods appear vertical. Where as my PZJ70 has rods that slope from the chassis bracket down and forwards toward the diff. Does anyone know the reason for this?

Almost in comparison seems like my diff sits too far forward.

Regards,
Kempy.

Hey there,

Just resurrecting this thread a little. On this photo of the flat bar extension, your sway bar rods appear vertical. Where as my PZJ70 has rods that slope from the chassis bracket down and forwards toward the diff. Does anyone know the reason for this?

Almost in comparison seems like my diff sits too far forward.

Regards,
Kempy.
Hey,
Do you have a pic? My chassis is also a pzj70 and mine sits vertically

Hey,
Do you have a pic? My chassis is also a pzj70 and mine sits vertically
Hey mate,

Sorry for the delay. I've just tried a new set of sway bar links to see if it makes a difference. Definitely a slope forwards still. Hopefully you can see what I mean by the photo.

Almlst like the whole diff is an inch forward of where it needs to be. Which in turn pushes the sway bar forward by default. If the sway bar was an inch longer at each link end it would be perfectly in vertical alignment.

20210608_124336.jpg

Hey mate,

Sorry for the delay. I've just tried a new set of sway bar links to see if it makes a difference. Definitely a slope forwards still. Hopefully you can see what I mean by the photo.

Almlst like the whole diff is an inch forward of where it needs to be. Which in turn pushes the sway bar forward by default. If the sway bar was an inch longer at each link end it would be perfectly in vertical alignment.

View attachment 2697488
Maybe that's the case as you said. Some people push the diff housing forward 1 inch to fit bigger tires.

Have you taken the spring off the axle housing to see if so?

Maybe that's the case as you said. Some people push the diff housing forward 1 inch to fit bigger tires.

Have you taken the spring off the axle housing to see if so?

No, I haven't tinkered with the springs since I bought it 4 years ago. Looking to get an upgrade on the leafs soon, so maybe time to get to the bottom of things.

The guy I bought it off kept everything pretty stock for 17 years after importing from Japan, so I'd be surprised if he did move the diff. Not implausible though.

She still handles really well. And the new sway links seem to have tightened cornering up quite nicely.

What size tires are on it now?

Hmm very strange as to why it's not straight tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom