Extended travel CV axle shafts (TRAKMOTIVE) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

turbo8

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.ee-offroading.com
I was just browsing around and saw these and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them.

They don't make these for the 200 series, but if you have done the Tundra swap they will fit.

My gut feeling is telling me to stay far away, but would like to hear from others.
axle.png

RCV is now selling CV axles for the Tundra. So for anyone who has done the Tundra conversion they are likely the strongest CVs available. Yes, even stronger than the OEM units.

RCV Tundra Axle Set

Da fuq? Sliding bar...? This is looking like its weaker than an OEM axle, and would snap at the sliding bar part.

driveshafts work the same way with the elongation,, but its just the additional complexity I dont like

they had me right up to sliding center bar
Wondering why that matters to you, our drive shafts have slip yokes and our CVs also plunge in and out at the inner joint.

From what I could find, the 200 series inner joints are plunging Rzeppa joints and the Tundra's are plunging tripod Joints. The inner joints are usually the ones that break. The Trakmotive CVs appear to have non plunging inner Rzeppa joints.

I had some of these Downey slip yoke axles on my Toyota Pickup back in the day :D
slip yoke.jpg

RCV is now selling CV axles for the Tundra. So for anyone who has done the Tundra conversion they are likely the strongest CVs available. Yes, even stronger than the OEM units.

RCV Tundra Axle Set
Unfortunately those won't fit with my 3.0 coilovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom