Experimenting with the grill (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Inspired by the new 300 GRS I thought I would experiment with the grill to see how I could make it a bit refreshed. While this looks nothing like the GRS, I‘m warming up to the idea of wrapping some of the bars to refresh the look.
This was done with black painters tape to test…
54279AE1-810D-4D65-B5D5-8EB1BC8AAA31.jpeg

Stock for comparison sake
D7824B61-0796-4AF9-844B-A0D7777521A3.jpeg

Thoughts?

I feel like blacking out the bottom portion of the chrome would be better. Going all the way through the chrome that bisects the headlights. Then you'd have just the chrome piece at the top similar to the new 300 series version.

I've been looking at this style grill on CarMarka.com for my 2008 200. How do you like it? Good quality?
Purchased from Carmarka as well, quality is good, fits perfectly, frankly I do like the style more than the original grill,

Purchased from Carmarka as well, quality is good, fits perfectly, frankly I do like the style more than the original grill,
Awesome thanks for the reply!

I've been considering that and did exactly what you did with black masking tape.

I was gonna go as close to the heritage style as possible as that seems to have a good balance of just enough chrome

I also wanted to black out the headlight reflectors like the HE too....so many projects...

are you going to plastidip?

I was examining the grille and it looks like the grey portions could be removed too but wonder if then it leaves an unfinished looking gap.

I've been considering that and did exactly what you did with black masking tape.

I was gonna go as close to the heritage style as possible as that seems to have a good balance of just enough chrome

I also wanted to black out the headlight reflectors like the HE too....so many projects...

are you going to plastidip?

I was examining the grille and it looks like the grey portions could be removed too but wonder if then it leaves an unfinished looking gap.
Yeah the heritage one seems balanced enough for me. I blacked it all out with tape as well but I didn’t even take pictures because I didn’t like it…. I didn’t know that they come out that would be Interesting to see

Last edited:
Wonder what a 200 would look like with a 4Runner TRD PRO style grill?
Toyota went with the 80 series look for the TRD PRO 5th GEN 4Runners and I wonder why Toyota never did the same for the 200 series LC.
The tundra and Tacoma had similar treatments as well.

I think it would look awesome-a modern day 200 with the 80 series grill look.
I wonder if someone with photoshop skills could mock it up?

Think the adaptive cruise control radar sensor makes it harder. But I did wonder what it would look like.

Think the adaptive cruise control radar sensor makes it harder. But I did wonder what it would look like.
With the new sensors for TSS it is definitely doable. Its essentially just a black square that, knowing Toyota probably used the same plugs as the dome style sensor.

You can buy a lot of cool grills or full kits on alibaba and AliExpress The heritage grill was already available on non-US version back in 2018 and Chineese very quickly made a copy. I had it two years before heritage was released in US. Quality was pretty good. At that time they run $200 delivered. Now shipping cost is higher but still a bargain comparing to what toyota charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom