Expedition Cure 2006-August 26th-September 15th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.expeditioncure.com
Hey guys. The time has finally come to post our trip. We leave Glacier National Park tomorrow on a journey from border to border. We have teamed up with Team Fox (Michael J Fox Foundation) in order to raise money and awareness for Parkinson's Research. My buddy and I are "city boys" so this trip should prove to be definitely interesting and full of surprises. You can follow us @ www.expeditioncure.com. The GPS will be up and running tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Here is a map of our route: http://www.expeditioncure.com/Route.aspx

My buddy is doing most of the navigating, but I do know that almost all of this route is offroad.
sombrero.gif

We have also developed some cool guessing games in an effort to raise some money. Our generous sponsors have donated some cool gear as prizes. For example, you can win a 48" Hi Lift Jack or a 5 day fishing vacation in Canada.
jump.gif

Check out the games: http://www.expeditioncure.com/DonateToWin.aspx

Pics to come. Must resize.

Watch me destroy a perfectly good rig!!!

We are in Bozeman, MT right now tweaking the GPS tracking system. Enjoy some of these pics we have taken. There will be plenty more when the trip begins tomorrow.

Busted my foot trying to get out of the Autohome tent. Umm totally my fault. The cruiser right outside Bozeman, MT in Gallatin Ntl Forest. Using the good ol Flying J scale to get her weight. Take a guess at the weight on our site (http://www.expeditioncure.com/DonateToWinPrizeDetails.aspx?dtwcategory=13).
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg

We threw a little fund raiser shindig to help raise some funds for Parkinson's. Some girlfriend's helpin out. After having way too many Miller Lite's we had to fire up the 4 Lightforce Blitz. That random dude standing in the light is Jimmy K. God bless that dude and his dog Petey. Jimmy put a ton of time and effort into getting out rig ready. Can't thank him enough. Not sure who thought it would be a good idea, but our help decided to try out the tent.
Untitled-5.jpg
Untitled-6.jpg
Untitled-7.jpg

Last edited:
Camp Lance: St Joseph, Missouri. Long time friend has some land in the middle of nowhere. Apparently Missouri Gumbo as it's called (crazy a$$ mud), got the best of us. We had to break out the wench numerous times. Winchline.com's line did the trick every time. We got out with only minor scraps. We rented a bar in Chicago called Schoolyard for a fund raiser. It went really really well.
Untitled-8.jpg
Untitled-9.jpg
Untitled-10.jpg

Last edited:
Wheeling in Missouri. We threw a fund raising party in Chicago as well. We rented a bar and had a raffle. Notice the chick standing on the bar. She is yelling out raffle ticket numbers. We noticed that the rig was burning mad amounts of Mobil 1. After some quick searching around here I found that people are having good luck with Rotella. Went to the local Yota dealer to get a filter and off to Walmart to get some oil. WebWHEELER!!!!
Untitled-12.jpg
Untitled-13.jpg
Untitled-14.jpg

Is the rig burning oil?

Have you tryed the shower yet?

Jimmy

If his rig is like mine, burning a little Rotella is a common deal....

BTW: banner is fixed, it was set at 480x60 and not 468x60 and the banner software refused it ;)

I talked with him yesterday. Before he left we put Mobil 1 in. Can't remember the viso. But I suspect it burnt off on the way out there. No reading on the stick :eek:

I hope the Rotella 5W-40 is thick enough to slow the burning.

mine did a quart in 700 miles, but that was towing....fortuantely, when my "low oil" light comes on, it's time to add exactly a quart...

need to change tonite tho, just topped 5k on this change today....

(what is this, tech?!?) lol

Hanley,
Post up your pics here you Webwheeler:flipoff2: Poeple will get confused with two threads.

Web Wheeler What?

So, this is the official Border to Border trip? If so, where is the rest of the group? I'm confused!

Ali,
Just two guys are taking the trip. One has never been wheelin before and the other, only once. I bet they end up rolling the rig!!

Finally have a few seconds to post some updates. We are in aspen now.

The rig isn't burning as much oil as it was. The temperature has dropped a little bit and we have slowly lightened our load. 10 cases of Monster adds a little bit of weight!

The shower is super sick. Love it.

jklubens said:
Is the rig burning oil?

Have you tryed the shower yet?

Jimmy

As Jimmy has already mentioned this isn't the official Border to Border trip. Rather this is a trip that two guys from Indiana have come up with to raise money and awareness for Parkinson's Disease. We are going Border to Border though.

alia176 said:
So, this is the official Border to Border trip? If so, where is the rest of the group? I'm confused!

Where are you?

What happened? Where are you guys? Everything O.K.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom