Web wheeler what? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.expeditioncure.com
Sup fellow web wheelers and mall cruisers-

After countless months of web wheeling with you saps :flipoff2: we decided to break off from cyber land, bring out the 80, and try our hand at some real wheelin'. Of course if you're going to make a fool out of yourself why not do it for a good cause right? Is anyone with us here? Hello out there? Good cause + sick route + upwards of 30 sponsors... where does that leave us? We've teamed up with the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research's grass roots fundraising initiative Team Fox and are off-roading (thats like web wheeling but in real dirt) the North American Continental Divide and after seeing that Land Rover made it through the Colorado portion on the Great Divide Expedition of 89' in 11 days, led by fellow web wheeler Tom Collins, we figured the whole thing in 21 would be cake. Well we're in Butte, MT and haven't broken anything yet, save a few marks and dents. Then again we are still yet to hit the hard stuff.

We figured there were a bunch of haters on this board ;p from the get go. ;) Hell, afterall we like to cruise for chicks at the mall in our rig too. After a few beers we put our heads together and figured out a good way to raise money for a good cause and make you suckers put your money where you mouth is.

Think we'll finish in 21 days?
Think we'll get distracted by the Montana sirens?:D
Think our Miller Lite sponsorship will get the best of us? :beer:
Think we'll break a birf? :doh:

We'll if you guess our finish time closer than the next guy you win a 5 day 4 night vacation package to Ontario's only 5 star lodge on the upper French River. http://www.chaudierelodge.com Can't take the heat? Then win a Hi-Lift Jack, a Storm Case, National Geographic Topo! Software, Pesky Heater Hose / Firewall Hose Kit, Staun Tire Deflators, or a years subscription to 4WD Toyota Owner by taking a guess at any other number of crazy web wheeling 80' knowledge based statistics. We've even thrown in hints for each catagory as a mall cruiser handicap.

http://www.expeditioncure.com/DonateToWin.aspx

Left to right: As the real wheeler teaches the web wheeler, "So you're telling me we can't fit the 3 10in subs?

The master Jimmy K contemplating.

The Lowes parking lot rock light install.
jimmy-1.jpg
jimmy-2.jpg
lowes.jpg

Very cool pics. I love what you've done to your cruiser, and that front bumper turned out looking pretty cool.

:cheers:

Most excellent rig and expedition

Whats up with your web site? When do we see the truck build?

Need your rig in the ROTW.:D

Here's the ROTW thread he started. However at the time the rig was not complete, and still being modded by me and Outback Offroad Gear.

Here are some pics I snapped off.

Pic 1: Shower install: The shower used the aux heater lines(heater under the passengers seat) inlet and outlet as the heat supply. The two ends you see in hand are quick disconnects for garden hoses. One end is for dropping into the stream and the other is for the shower unit.
Pic2: Rear power supply. The 'webwheeler' ran 2 gauge wire back to the damn stereo, then it split off to a 6 port fuse box were we used one outlet for a duel Cig outlet and the other outlet for the inverter. The other 4 outlets are capped off.
Pic3: At the launch party, the web wheeler’s grandfather helped support the cause. Mr. Noel is a WWII veteran and supported the effort in Europe. I make it a point to talk to every WWII veteran I see and thank them for my freedom. As conversation starts, the stories these guys tell are phenomenal and also heart wrenching. Thanks Mr. Noel!!!:cheers:
That's me (Jimmy) on the left.
DSCF0327mud.jpg
DSCF0332mud.jpg
DSCF0294mud.jpg

Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.............

SWEET stuff.. the rig looks killer... I always love a well setup 80!!!

just curiouse... what type of rock lights did you go with? (sorry if I missed somewhere)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom