Exhaust heat shield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I post on a heat shield for the inter fenderwell ...are they suppose to have one or is the tube suppose to be exposed for air flow ?
In the summer I would be fine with that but the winter all the road crap would get all over it and I went thue all the effort to remove my down pipe , weld it and aluminum coat so it would not rust up as bad again .
So should it be open or am I missing a inter fender well cover ?
Thanks
Greg
lx%20header.jpeg

That sucks because I made a real nice contoured shield to block the road crap ...LOL
Thanks
Greg

Me too - I made it out of a used inner fenderwall plastic from another vehicle. I had it painted black so as to match the other fender covers.

So I guess I have to remove it now. What's the effect if I leave it on? What will possibly be damaged. I had it on for about 6 months now. To my untrained ears/eyes, I haven't notice any difference.

I'm not trowing mine away just yet ... I would think it might just direct the heat more towards the floor of the truck ... Could help with the cat cool down but there is no way to say that if your crawling along the air is not flowing .
If you do a lot of highway driving I can't see it making that big of a differance .
I would leave it on til we get a little more feed back .

greg

On my rig, there were 3 holes on the fender wall. Are these factory holes?
If these are factory holes, what goes originally through them? Was there really a factory cover and for my case, it was just missing? Or PO lost it?

I do like 60% highway, 40% slow traffic.

Mudders - any feedback on whether to retain the improvised fender cover? Or remove? And for each option, why?

In theory, you want to keep the exhaust as hot as possible. The hotter gases are, the faster they move meaning more power. It's not exposed for "cooling".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom