Exhaust bolt size on 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:dunno:On my 75 2F I have 2 striped threads both on the head and bolts for the exhaust and intake. They are the 2 outside ( 1 at the rear and 1 at the front of the motor) bolts. These 2 are different sizes than the otherbolts and studs. Anyone know what size they are? I need to retap or heli coil them. I am trying to figure out what size. 10 or 11 mm and what pitch 1.25 or 1.5 or what? Their is not enough thread on the head to get an accurate reading and the previous owner used the wrong bolts so they are know help.
Why can't these darn bolts be consistent.... ???

Let me check this out for you tonight...i have two bolts i just bought from yota and i have the head off my truck so i will check both...for some reason i think the bolts i got are incorrect for my head but anyway i will let you know all about it tonight when i get home and check it out for you...i ended up with one of the studs being stripped and now i am rebuilding the engine LOL!

Stew

Thanks,
Every bolt is different. The head bolt threads in the block were the hardest to find tap for. I had to special order the darn thing.

Pete: 2F outside exhaust manifold bolts are 10mm x 1.25, I just checked, my exhaust and head are off, waiting for valve regrind kit
willow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom