EVO Corse DakarZero Picture Hunt (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Evo.jpg

20200714_171654.jpg

Any idea what tire size these are? Also wheel offset? I see that's been asked in the comments with no response. I assume they're 285/70/17, but the wheel offset looks more negative than the standard et40 that Mainline sells.

Im currently looking into a set of 18x8.5 - et40 in black for our MGM Sequoia. Not and easy feat up here in Canada. Even just a wheel @ +40 is not easy, let alone the dakarzero. Just got a price of $425/CDN per wheel which is pretty good but was informed only +45 is available. Hard for me to pull the trigger not having seem many at that offset. Here’s one just posted on instagram.

99B3737F-4C3C-4942-8CA0-A009DF970AF7.jpeg

05DAF752-2994-4428-95FF-E09BE50B84F0.jpeg

I think they look great!

Nice looking rig!

Last edited:
Those with a set of ko2’s 🤤

Wish I had the coin to blow, I really love those evo’s! Other question is black or the grey for the mgm?

Went ahead with a set of the 18” in black, et45 looks right where I want them to be but fingers crossed as I’m putting them in 275/70r18 ko2’s.

Random picture, don’t have them yet. Photoshopped the centre cap that I chose into the picture to get an idea of how it will look. Not many pics with the centre cap in place.

CF84AFFC-904F-48D0-B910-CEA69E86519C.jpeg

Centre caps available: may or may not fit, haven't confirmed yet.
C8296A51-5E46-40CF-8B80-B23BA02E2761.png

B6D7550F-E27B-416B-A39D-E66C0499084B.png

CE5DC76B-14E1-4591-8D51-78963ECF1B66.png

Waiting is going to be difficult!

For anyone buying the new center caps. I bought a set for my DakarZeros but they didn’t fit. After some digging on the EvoCorse website I found You need to buy the retrofit kit for pre 2021 wheels. The kit is needed to drill and Tap hole into your old wheels to mount the caps.

I just received my wheels this evening. Matte bronze finish in 18x8.5 +45mm. The wheels are absolutely beautiful and I am very happy with the purchase. They are a few pounds heavier than the BBS forged Toyota wheel and I weighed them in at approximately 30lbs. I plan on removing the black evo corse / fondmetal decals (personal preference) and mate them with Toyo Open Country AT III tires at 285/65/18.

The center caps are a welcome addition although they leave a bit to be desired. The black center caps are an ABS plastic and the center cap logos are 'metallized' stickers. The three colorways for the stickers (seen on the prior post) are not a good match for this particular set of bronze colored wheels. The small securment screws are Allen drives cap screws and appear to be more decorative as the plastic center cap snaps firmly into a machined groove along the inner face of the center bore. The center caps are difficult to move once snapped in. I'll probably spray paint the center cap, stickers and screws to match whatever set of black lug nuts I purchase to go along with these wheels.

Pics below. I'll post again next week once the the tires are installed and the wheels are mounted.

20210507_214025.jpg

20210507_214105.jpg

20210507_214224.jpg

20210507_214551.jpg

Last edited:
I just received my wheels this evening. Matte bronze finish in 18x8.5 +45mm. The wheels are absolutely beautiful and I am very happy with the purchase. They are a few pounds heavier than the BBS forged Toyota wheel and I weighed them in at approximately 30lbs. I plan on removing the black evo corse / fondmetal decals (personal preference) and mate them with Toyo Open Country AT III tires at 285/65/18.

The center caps are a welcome addition although they leave a bit to be desired. The black center caps are an ABS plastic and the center cap logos are 'metallized' stickers. The three colorways for the stickers (seen on the prior post) are not a good match for this particular set of bronze colored wheels. The small securment screws are Allen drives cap screws and appear to be more decorative as the plastic center cap snaps firmly into a machined groove along the inner face of the center bore. The center caps are difficult to move once snapped in. I'll probably spray paint the center cap, stickers and screws to match whatever set of black lug nuts I purchase to go along with these wheels.

Pics below. I'll post again next week once the the tires are installed and the wheels are mounted.

View attachment 2668299

View attachment 2668300

View attachment 2668301

View attachment 2668302
What was the cost?

Looking forward to pictures.

What was the cost?

Looking forward to pictures.
I ordered through Mainline Overland and they were ~$370 per wheel + shipping. It took 3 months from time of order to arrival at my doorstep. The staff and level of service at Mainline are excellent.

Last edited:
I ordered through Mainline Overland and they were ~$370 per wheel + shipping. It took 3 months from time of order to arrival at my doorstep. The staff and level of service at Mainland are excellent.
I like the fact you can “customize” rim size and offset. Also like that they’re not made in China or Taiwan like lots of other aftermarket wheels.

I like the fact you can “customize” rim size and offset. Also like that they’re not made in China or Taiwan like lots of other aftermarket wheels.
I agree. Short of paying $2k per wheel for custom forged wheels, EvoCorse may be the only reputable wheel manufacturer capable of producing HUBCENTRIC wheels with offsets between a conservative/factory 60mm and an aggressive < +25mm (which introduces tire rubbing and scrub radius issues).

The high positive offset is also what led me to the evos. Not many options higher than +35 on 5x150. Mine should be here any day now. I ordered mine mid January.

I know these weren't the black ones the OP was interested in but perhaps I can change their mind...

I finally got the wheels mounted and wrapped in the Toyo Open Country AT3s. I love the setup even without a lift and the tires sit flush with the fender edge. There is some increased firmness of the ride with the LT tires and subtle road noise (hum/whine) which is to be expected but hardly a bother. Overall I'm very pleased with the results although the center cap lettering is more of a gold rather than bronze (still sorting this out). I hope this gives you a better idea of what to expect if you were considering purchasing them.

20210516_161118.jpg

20210516_161515~4.jpg

20210516_161531~2.jpg

20210516_161626.jpg

Last edited:
I know these weren't the black ones the OP was interested in but perhaps I can change their mind...

I finally got the wheels mounted and wrapped in the Toyo Open Country AT3s. I love the setup even without a lift and the tires sit flush with the fender edge. There is some increased firmness of the ride with the LT tires and subtle road noise (hum/whine) which is to be expected but hardly a bother. Overall I'm very pleased with the results although the center cap lettering is more of a gold rather than bronze (still sorting this out). I hope this gives you a better idea of what to expect if you were considering purchasing them.
Looks great!

These are the et45 right? I've been planning to go with those but in et30- you have me questioning that now... Mind taking more pics from the side to show flushness with the front and rear fenders?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom