Equipt seat covers center console install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do you have to remove the lid for the center console? It seems like the elastic straps want to go inside of the hinges for the lid.

Do you have to remove the lid for the center console? It seems like the elastic straps want to go inside of the hinges for the lid.

Got a link?

If not...just call Equipt. Paul will help you figure any of that stuff out.

No, you don't need to remove the console lid. It's a little awkward but it really just slides on from the forward side of the console lid. I'll snap a photo of my lid lifted up if needed.

Thanks. That’s what I did but I wasn’t sure. Just seems like the elastic kinda gets hung up in the hinge.

Bumping this thread. @monday Did you figure this out?

What am I doing wrong? The elastic straps prevent usage of the top cubby. That doesn't seem right but it's not obvious how to install the console cover any other way.

@Equipt Paul any ideas?

IMAG3972.jpg

IMAG3973.jpg

IMAG3974.jpg

@sdnative, that is sweet! any idea if it fits the LX console as well?

I had the same problem with the center council cover. I ended up cutting the elastic and sewing in a small piece of velcro to connect the elastic straps back together on the inside of the center council’s hinges. Otherwise the elastic straps were getting hung up and stretched out. Fits snug now and opens and closes much better.

07B240FD-F4A3-45DC-8264-2992EEC73A55.jpeg

C88D3999-C67E-4987-846A-F8D11059B42F.jpeg

037DB862-BA5A-4145-BCB7-F654C7C26360.jpeg

I had the same problem with the center council cover. I ended up cutting the elastic and sewing in a small piece of velcro to connect the elastic straps back together on the inside of the center council’s hinges. Otherwise the elastic straps were getting hung up and stretched out. Fits snug now and opens and closes much better.

View attachment 2248635

View attachment 2248636

View attachment 2248637

I don't remember mine getting hung up on the hinges so much as the elastic straps are preventing the top cubby from opening. Looks like yours is the same way? Are you able to open the top cubby?

I don't remember mine getting hung up on the hinges so much as the elastic straps are preventing the top cubby from opening. Looks like yours is the same way? Are you able to open the top cubby?

i have the straps just on the center council lid. The cubby is not connected with the elastic straps. Sounds like you need to only have the straps going over the council lid, not the tray.

Hoping you figured this out by now, but you just need to remove the cover, open JUST the top lid (leaving the secondary tray down) and reinstall the cover. Just like @TLC2013 shows in his pictures.

I guess I'll have to call Equipt. If this cover is available separately (or at all) on their web site, I can't find it. It's just what I need right now for my new puppy between the time when he jumps in the back seat to when he's fastened into his harness. He "bounces around" just a bit.

I guess I'll have to call Equipt. If this cover is available separately (or at all) on their web site, I can't find it. It's just what I need right now for my new puppy between the time when he jumps in the back seat to when he's fastened into his harness. He "bounces around" just a bit.
If you’re not set on this specific one this one has been awesome at protecting our console from two dobermans.

Amazon.com: Salusy Leather Car Center Console Armrest Case Cover Pad Compatible with Toyota Land Cruiser 200 LC200 2008-2018 (Black): Automotive

I would go with the above recommendation. For less then$20 it's worth a shot. In my experience The escape gear cover for the center council lid could have been better engineered. The elastic straps require modification to avoid getting hung up on the councils lid hinges. The Material escape gear uses is excellent just disappointed in the elastic and how it secures to the lid making it harder to close.

You will also get the amazon cover is days instead of months.

Hoping you figured this out by now, but you just need to remove the cover, open JUST the top lid (leaving the secondary tray down) and reinstall the cover. Just like @TLC2013 shows in his pictures.

Thanks.

That's the way I had it initially but the lid didn't want to close properly unless I put a lot of pressure on it. Then it seemed the latch was being stressed. I then installed it the show in my picture, which seemed to work much better, but prevented access to the top cubby.

I now have it back the correct way and was able to adjust it somewhat. It seems to work better but still doesn't seem proper.

Thanks.

That's the way I had it initially but the lid didn't want to close properly unless I put a lot of pressure on it. Then it seemed the latch was being stressed. I then installed it the show in my picture, which seemed to work much better, but prevented access to the top cubby.

I now have it back the correct way and was able to adjust it somewhat. It seems to work better but still doesn't seem proper.
Mine feels the same way. I don't necessarily like it, but it hasn't caused me any issues in the couple years I've had the covers.

Thanks for the tip. I had left the console cover off, and thanks to your post, just installed it. Seems to function fine.
2F7315F6-59D3-4C79-B166-4B34B08D047D.jpeg
AE1BA48F-9575-47C1-94E8-239BFBBC25E3.jpeg

Old thread revival: I cannot find instructions on how to remove the top lid of the console compartment stack. I'd like to remove the lid (arm rest), install the center console cover, and put it all back together with the elastic on the inside of the hinges. If you have instrux or a link, I'd much appreciate.

I ran into this same issue with the center console cover. I ended up cutting the elastic straps and stitching them back together after situating the elastic straps inbetween the hinges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom