Engineer/Ophir/Mineral Creek trip report. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

92LXAZ

SILVER Star
Threads
We were able to make it back to San Juan's on our way back home. Full trip report with links to Google Photo albums here

20200709_135555 (1).jpg
20200709_114029.jpg
IMG_2254.jpg
20200709_112551.jpg
IMG_2240 (1).jpg

Heading out to Sliverton and the San Juan Mts in about 4 weeks from now. Great photos to get us motivated for this yearly trip with friends!

D'oh!

20200709_172851 (1).jpg

Heading out to Sliverton and the San Juan Mts in about 4 weeks from now. Great photos to get us motivated for this yearly trip with friends!

That's awesome. Can't get back soon enough. Have a taste now and need to get back. Maybe with the 470 next time! Have a great time!!

I'm heading to Telluride on Wednesday. Thanks for the photos and link. I'd love to piggy back off some of the routes for a day trip in the 570.

I'm heading to Telluride on Wednesday. Thanks for the photos and link. I'd love to piggy back off some of the routes for a day trip in the 570.
Here's our plan. Welcome to jump in with us.

2020-07-13_20-08-49.png

Here's our plan. Welcome to jump in with us.

View attachment 2371322
Ah man, this itinerary is awesome. We are going to be based in Telluride for a week (staying at a friend’s place up there). Would love to meet up when you’re there. I’ve got 3 little ones in tow so perhaps I can meet up with you guys for a day trip. Would love to do Black Bear again. I did it back in the early 90s. I wonder how much traffic it gets now. Any idea? Maybe I can grab my boy and get dirty for a day. My mobile is 602-451-6033.
thanks for the invite!

Ah man, this itinerary is awesome. We are going to be based in Telluride for a week (staying at a friend’s place up there). Would love to meet up when you’re there. I’ve got 3 little ones in tow so perhaps I can meet up with you guys for a day trip. Would love to do Black Bear again. I did it back in the early 90s. I wonder how much traffic it gets now. Any idea? Maybe I can grab my boy and get dirty for a day. My mobile is 602-451-6033.
thanks for the invite!
Sure thing. My cell is 501-772-6109. @Saddletramp , @D_Web , and I will be listening on the club frequency of 146.460Mhz and on one of the FRS channels.

Jason Neeley

Sure thing. My cell is 501-772-6109. @Saddletramp , @D_Web , and I will be listening on the club frequency of 146.460Mhz and on one of the FRS channels.

Jason Neeley
Thanks Jason. I don't have a radio unfortunately. Perhaps, if you have any signal, you can shoot me your location in Ophir and I can roll in Sunday morning to meet you guys before you depart.

Wow that's a plan @ARJMN, mine was in pencil, only figuratively, as my plans rarely fall in line in real life vs. my head. Don't get too caught up in that plan ;) and enjoy it. We did that on our way back. Got up Thursday morning, target was be up at 6:30, breakfast, on road by 7:30. Started off an hour behind right away. Took 3 hours to get to top of Engineer Pass because we stopped so much but in the moment didn't care. Target of getting back home was about 8:00p. Ended up being 11:00p :). Zero regrets.

Fixed: - good enough:

Took center bracket off, jumped up and down on it until it looked straight. Attached bracket with top bolts only since holes didn't line up anymore to the running board. No matter doesn't get used much right in the middle, if at all anywhere. Plus bracket still supports it. I have an idea for a "slider", just have to think it through and put the idea together.

20200712_184631.jpg

Wow that's a plan @ARJMN, mine was in pencil, only figuratively, as my plans rarely fall in line in real life vs. my head. Don't get too caught up in that plan ;) and enjoy it. We did that on our way back. Got up Thursday morning, target was be up at 6:30, breakfast, on road by 7:30. Started off an hour behind right away. Took 3 hours to get to top of Engineer Pass because we stopped so much but in the moment didn't care. Target of getting back home was about 8:00p. Ended up being 11:00p :). Zero regrets.

Fixed: - good enough:

Took center bracket off, jumped up and down on it until it looked straight. Attached bracket with top bolts only since holes didn't line up anymore to the running board. No matter doesn't get used much right in the middle, if at all anywhere. Plus bracket still supports it. I have an idea for a "slider", just have to think it through and put the idea together.

I am an Engineer by day, so that means I over analyze everything. I felt it better to over plan and relax off it, rather than to under plan and scramble for info. Gunna be a great trip with some bucket list sights.

Jason

thanks for the invite!

I have your number. Assuming cell coverage, we can try to connect sometime Saturday.

steve

Looks like a great trip. Its hard to go wrong up there. Was it busier than normal?

It was dare I say epic. Unfortunately I don't know what normal is, first time there. I didn't think it was busy at all. Active yes, but not overwhelming. Still very relaxed and fun to see others out there.

I have your number. Assuming cell coverage, we can try to connect sometime Saturday.

steve
Hey Steve,

Do you think Black Bear Pass is stocker friendly? My LX is like @92LXAZ 's. I was planning on bringing some kiddos and don't want to freak them out.

Has anyone done Imogene pass lately? I've heard conflicting reports on it being one way only now, starting at the top and dropping into Telluride. Have also heard it's still two way but that one way (didn't say if it was going up or down) was much busier than the other. I'm heading up there next week and am trying to figure out the best route still.

Hey Steve,

Do you think Black Bear Pass is stocker friendly? My LX is like @92LXAZ 's. I was planning on bringing some kiddos and don't want to freak them out.
From what I have read, all the main passes can be negotiated in a stock vehicle with a good dose of caution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom