1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine/tranny mounts

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by tuesday, Jan 23, 2004.

1. tuesday

tuesday

Hi again and thanks to everyone for your advice on my steering wheel. Hopefully it's coming off tomorrow. So, I have another question... I have a '75 FJ40 and I just got some mounts from classic cruisers. They look great but I'm not sure if I need 2 more. I have 4 engine mounts (round and disk shaped) and 2 tranny mounts (round, larger and cylindrical) that I think go on the back of the engine and the front of the tranny. Do I need 2 more tranny mounts or is this really all that holds everything up? (My mechanic is doing the work but I want to make sure that he has everything he needs). And, if I do need more, does anyone know where to find them? Cool cruisers said the tranny mounts were dealership only.
    Thanks once again!

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Stock truck?

Two engine mounts in front and two off the bellhousing, using four large rubber/metal isolator discs.

-Steve

3. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    Yup, 4 mounts.

4. tuesday

tuesday

What about the tranny? Does it even have mounts?

5. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    hangs off the end of the engine, bolted on by 4 bolts.

6. Degnol

Degnol

Media:
    Albums:
    I just replaced mine. The two front mounts are square and have a stud on one side and a threaded receptacle on the other. The rears are four identical "donuts" and have a bolt through them. Pay attention to what you take out and replace them the same. The drivers side and the pass side do not mount the same. Do one at a time, use a floor jack(which you can buy for the mechanic's labor charge) and have some fun and get "intimate" with the LC!
    It is a one :banana: job.
    Ed ;)