engine/tranny mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi again and thanks to everyone for your advice on my steering wheel. Hopefully it's coming off tomorrow. So, I have another question... I have a '75 FJ40 and I just got some mounts from classic cruisers. They look great but I'm not sure if I need 2 more. I have 4 engine mounts (round and disk shaped) and 2 tranny mounts (round, larger and cylindrical) that I think go on the back of the engine and the front of the tranny. Do I need 2 more tranny mounts or is this really all that holds everything up? (My mechanic is doing the work but I want to make sure that he has everything he needs). And, if I do need more, does anyone know where to find them? Cool cruisers said the tranny mounts were dealership only.
Thanks once again!

Stock truck?

Two engine mounts in front and two off the bellhousing, using four large rubber/metal isolator discs.

-Steve

Yup, 4 mounts.

What about the tranny? Does it even have mounts?

hangs off the end of the engine, bolted on by 4 bolts.

I just replaced mine. The two front mounts are square and have a stud on one side and a threaded receptacle on the other. The rears are four identical "donuts" and have a bolt through them. Pay attention to what you take out and replace them the same. The drivers side and the pass side do not mount the same. Do one at a time, use a floor jack(which you can buy for the mechanic's labor charge) and have some fun and get "intimate" with the LC!
It is a one :banana: job.
Ed ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom