Engine Stand? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I bought a VW Jetta Diesel motor to put into my Samurai almost a year ago. The kit is pretty complete as the adapter allows to bolt right to the bell housing and they wiring harness will plug into my existing harness even the header is supposed to use my existing exaust. Aside from plumbing the return fuel line and a new radiator with electric cooling fan the install should be as straight forward as any motor swap can be. My dilemma is that since this is now Karly's daily driver I need to get the new motor in as quickly as possible once I pull the old. In order to get this done I really need to get the diesel cleaned up and make sure that it will run once I get it into the Samurai. So I really need an engine stand so that I can pull some bits, change the fly wheel, clean it up, paint some bits, and get it to start. The last thing I want is to get this thing all in the Sammy and find out the injection pump is shot, or something else is bad wrong. So with that whole long back story does anyone have an engine stand that they might be willing to let me use for a short time?

Sorry Knolly I got nothing.

It's cool man, thanks. I found one at Home Depo for $54.00 so next time I'm near one I'll probably buy it. Everywhere else I've looked they are around $200.00+.

Or just burn some metal :D

I think it will be cheaper to buy one than to get the steel to build my own. I looked at casters and they're gonna run almost thirty bucks...

FYI my Dad's stand is now in use, I completely forgot that he has a friend that's using it on a '27 Dodge engine.... Yes, they are pretty cheap and with a little luck you could probably sell it after on craigslist and get most of your money back...

knoll go to HF and get one, mine was like 45$ grab one of the 20% off coupons and score it.

home depot sucks tiny cock

id let you use mine but its still occupied

Thanks man, I'll hit HF this week when I run into medford! :D

Nope not adopted, I'ts been sitting on my dryer by the back door for the next time I go south.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom