Engel mt45-u1 no longer cooling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any fridge gurus here? I was setting up to go camp and noticed the fridge didn’t cool at the usual 2 setting. I could hear it running but it never got cold. No apparent leaking, getting good power, fuse intact, fridge runs but doesn’t get cold. I believe it is from 2007 or so. Seeking advice if I can fix, is it worth sending to a repair man or get a new fridge? There’s not much info out perhaps I’m searching wrong.

if there is an easy way to check the refrigerant pressure, I would do that.

Honestly this is the first Engel MT45 I've heard of going bad. I've had one since 2003 and it's about as reliable as anything I've ever owned. I also own a much older one (Sawafuji=Engel) from the 80s and it still works too.

Please post up what the problem turns out to be. I do believe the whole cooling unit and compressor are available as a drop in unit but not certain about that.

Honestly this is the first Engel MT45 I've heard of going bad. I've had one since 2003 and it's about as reliable as anything I've ever owned. I also own a much older one (Sawafuji=Engel) from the 80s and it still works too.

Please post up what the problem turns out to be. I do believe the whole cooling unit and compressor are available as a drop in unit but not certain about that.

My google search shows very little info out there. The fridge was in a trailer purchase in 2016 but was built 2007. So I imagine it was from 2007.

Due to a dumba$$ move my MT45 tipped over in the truck bed while plugged in. Quit cooling and freaked me out a bit. Let it sit upright unplugged for awhile and it fixed itself.

Well after contacting Engel it is believed the my cooling has died. This is a 2007 mt45 that was stored off and was last working several months ago. A new cooling unit costs about $300. No local San Diego fridge or RV repair shops that I contacted heard of Engel so no one wanted to work on it. Instead of getting of fixed I decided to go with National Luna and pass the Engel to my brother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom