#&@*en Check Engine Light again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought I jinxed my self when I talked about the EGR FA?
Well I still can do the writeup on the EGR as my code was 28 :D :mad:
I don't know if that is good or bad as the Oxygen Sensor #2 is not cheap :eek:
The warranty recall Oxygen Sensor had been done already.

Now do I replace just #2 or should I replace both?
(I know,"Replace both" and feed the dogs,even the lame one that someone ran over :eek: )
I THINK MR Toyoda should replace my Oxygen Sensor as I deserve it :flipoff2:

It could be the oxygen sensor wire that I pinched when I dropped the tranny.
I didn't solder the wires I used dielectric grease so maybe the wires need to be fixed, I will have to look to see if is the #2 oxygen sensor wire that I broke.

Yeah, I would look into that broken wire issue first. If that turns up nothing I would only replace the bad o2 sensor, don't waste your money replacing an o2 sensor that is good. They either work or they don't, replacing both at once won't gain you anything.

I could unplug the o2 sensor and put the test light on the wires but where would I tap into the wiring harness? I assume it goes to the ECU? I will dig into my FSM to see where it goes.
Would poor conductivity trigger a code?
If the wire had no conductivity, the motor would run would it?

I got the code 28 about 4 months ago, and did the reset thingy...no issues until about 2weeks ago - when I got the check engine light again. It was code 28 again. this time reset no worky. I followed the first steps in the FSM troubleshooting section, and confirmed the correct resistance in the oxygen sensors. The second section required a lot more work to follow...the diagram by itself is very complicated...so I procrastinated and rebuilt the front axle in my 60 instead! Then my wife complimented me for fixing both the 60 ft axle and the 80 check engine light...(don't tell, but I didn't do sxxx on the 80). So, moral of the story is that maybe if you wait for 2 weeks the check engine light will go away by itself. The rational side of my brain is crying foul, but the emotional side (drink beer, ski a lot) says that all is good. Maybe it's like the karma bank - I made a big deposit by doing the axle rebuild on my 60, and somehow this had an impact on the 80...

Hi there, i had the same problem until i brought the 80 in for undercoating (i live in canada witht the salt eh). ANyway, as soon as the sprayed on the undercaoting the CE light went out - so i had my o2 sensor fixed and truck undercoated at the same time:)

Ya ok, i know that didnt fix the o2 sensor - but funny that the light went out. Maybe there was a short in a wire somewhere? I wil inspect once the weather turns a little nicer.

Regards,

Louis

Kurt,
added corrosion in a curcuit will increase impedance, this could cause a false read to the ECU?? Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom