Elocker help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello there!
I live in AZ and I am hoping to gain some much needed info from you guys. I have a 1997 4runner 3.4 auto with open 4:10 diffs. It has 132,000 miles with a ome 1.5-2” lift and super clean. I would like to gain some power through regearing and leaning towards 4:88s and while at it add an elocker. My current tires size is 265/75/16. I have searched around and found a complete rear axle assembly with elocker. The seller is selling it as a kit with the front diff, computer boxes and switch for 1200.00. It has 4:30 gears. Is this a fair price? Im thinking I really only need the rear axle assembly? I read somewhere setting up the original switch and wiring is a pain so I was going to get the aftermarket switch and wiring. Correct me if Im wrong.
Thanks
Bob

2451210D-8DC1-48C0-9E4F-45ABD4DE105A.jpeg

Hello there!
I live in AZ and I am hoping to gain some much needed info from you guys. I have a 1997 4runner 3.4 auto with open 4:10 diffs. It has 132,000 miles with a ome 1.5-2” lift and super clean. I would like to gain some power through regearing and leaning towards 4:88s and while at it add an elocker. My current tires size is 265/75/16. I have searched around and found a complete rear axle assembly with elocker. The seller is selling it as a kit with the front diff, computer boxes and switch for 1200.00. It has 4:30 gears. Is this a fair price? Im thinking I really only need the rear axle assembly? I read somewhere setting up the original switch and wiring is a pain so I was going to get the aftermarket switch and wiring. Correct me if Im wrong.
Thanks
Bob

2451210D-8DC1-48C0-9E4F-45ABD4DE105A.jpeg
May Jump over to CSC for help.

I would definitely buy everything he has, from what I've heard/read swapping it in with OEM stuff it's all plug and play as all (i think) 97-2000 4runners are already pre-wired for the hardware.

You can't just swap the rear diff as the diff ratios are different - 4.10 & 4.30 are close but why push it.

if the wires are there its plug and play.
otherwise the wires aren't there you have to build a harness. which isn't a big deal. ive done three now using the oe ecu and switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom