Electrical connectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a kit or something to replace old or broken electrical connectors, for example my connector that goes to the auto shifter in my 88 is broken( mainly because I broke it trying to figure out how to disconnect it.) Can the original connectors be purchased or does someone sell a set of universal type male female connectors in various sizes for different numbers of wires?

you can download this wiring harness repair manual and try to find the connector, then source it through the OEM part number.

I think the wire connectors can be removed from the connector body (both male and female). If you can't find an exact replacment, then get both male and female and replace both sides. You can purchase aftermarket connectors that may work. Just be aware of which ones needs to be waterproof and which don't.

Besides @ToyotaMatt , these guys might have something that would work: Connectors - Vintage Connections - http://www.vintageconnections.com/Products/Connectors

I'm looking for a kit or something to replace old or broken electrical connectors, for example my connector that goes to the auto shifter in my 88 is broken( mainly because I broke it trying to figure out how to disconnect it.) Can the original connectors be purchased or does someone sell a set of universal type male female connectors in various sizes for different numbers of wires?
Try @ToyotaMatt, he should be able to get you sorted out.

Or …..

s-l1600 (29).jpg

Last edited:
you can download this wiring harness repair manual and try to find the connector, then source it through the OEM part number.

I think the wire connectors can be removed from the connector body (both male and female). If you can't find an exact replacment, then get both male and female and replace both sides. You can purchase aftermarket connectors that may work. Just be aware of which ones needs to be waterproof and which don't.

Besides @ToyotaMatt , these guys might have something that would work: Connectors - Vintage Connections - http://www.vintageconnections.com/Products/Connectors
Wow that's a great link to the connectors. The one I had to destroy was the connector to the Auto Shifter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom