electric antenna and switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I have a 1988 151000km HJ61

in France there is only the manual antenna so I would like to put an electric antenna with the control button on the dashboard like some FJ62 apparently.

is there anyone among you who has this in stock?

aerial switch, left hand drive electric aerial and if possible electric harness?

Thank you for your help
JC

The switch wouldn’t be hard to find second hand in the classifieds here. Check out the Parting Out section. You could probably get the wiring too but it might be easier to wire it yourself.

the limitation is the electric antenna assembly/motor itself. It’s no longer available from Toyota and used ones rarely come up for sale. When they do they’re $$$. If you do find a working one you can at least still get a new mast for it.

I was interested in putting a power antenna back in my 62 as the previous owner had put a junky manual one in. I had no luck.

I found an NOS Harada aftermarket semi-automatic antenna and was ready to install it but decided it wasn’t worth the hassle. It was going to be a huge pain.

I ended up putting in a new manual 60 series antenna from Toyota and am very happy— I don’t use my antenna much anyway. Most fj62 owners have gone to a manual antenna at this point for good reason.

There are no direct fit aftermarket options and I did a bunch of research to see if I could retrofit one from another Toyota model. I didn’t find any good options.

If you look for an aftermarket one to retrofit you’ll need the semi-automatic kind if you want to use the switch. These are hard to find these days. Most options are automatic versions which go up when you turn on the radio.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have a 1988 151000km HJ61

in France there is only the manual antenna so I would like to put an electric antenna with the control button on the dashboard like some FJ62 apparently.

is there anyone among you who has this in stock?

aerial switch, left hand drive electric aerial and if possible electric harness?

Thank you for your help
JC

I look hard for power antenna switch's all the time, they are no longer run of the mill easy to source part ...

I just restored this one

it’s was shorted out inside

98AC8022-9249-4579-B79F-E167AC054833.jpeg
C31DEFD8-8B2A-4273-B9CD-7F7CC333FD8A.jpeg
CA9892B3-0D59-4FDC-A066-DF48FE0A72E9.jpeg
59F10C26-45CE-4FFE-ACEF-67F8AD848A5D.jpeg
096C68E6-509E-41CF-9FD5-E521D8145D82.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom