Eibach is coming out with a 200 series suspension sneak peak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am late comer to this thread, but not to the Eibach suspension. Actually, Michael at Eibach used my 2018 LC as the research vehicle back in 2019 to develop the suspension kit. They basically took the OEM suspension off, measured everything about the springs and shocks (dyno, etc) and developed their suspension leveling kit (new rear coils, rear shocks and front struts). They wanted to kit to use the OEM UCAs.
They said the OEM springs were 500 lbs/in front and 200 lbs/in rear. Their front spring rate is 550 lbs/in and the rear spring rate is 250 lbs/in. After the install the front got 1.75” of lift and the rear got 1” of lift. With this, it is level front to back and side to side (no KDSS Lean).
This is a great setup if you are running most stock, but probably a bit light if you are putting after market bumpers and other heavy mods/accessories that will increase vehicle weight. I wound up adding airbags to stiffen up the rear when I tow a trailer and that works great for me.
I have been very happy with it. I think they really got the shock dynamics right - a big improvement over OEM. Much more stable when driving fast on dirt (dips and wash board) roads, and very comfortable on pavement at highway speeds. Plus no more nose dive when breaking.
And yes, I got a factory tour as well (It was awesome).
Do you know the approx. tongue weight of your trailer? I'm also looking into this Eibach set up and am wondering if it should be supplemented with airbags as well, or if the increase spring rate would suffice. I pull a small teardrop during camping season and is only about 2300lbs loaded with a tongue weight of 250-300lbs. Currently, there's a little too much sag for my liking with the stock suspension.

I am late comer to this thread, but not to the Eibach suspension. Actually, Michael at Eibach used my 2018 LC as the research vehicle back in 2019 to develop the suspension kit. They basically took the OEM suspension off, measured everything about the springs and shocks (dyno, etc) and developed their suspension leveling kit (new rear coils, rear shocks and front struts). They wanted to kit to use the OEM UCAs.
They said the OEM springs were 500 lbs/in front and 200 lbs/in rear. Their front spring rate is 550 lbs/in and the rear spring rate is 250 lbs/in. After the install the front got 1.75” of lift and the rear got 1” of lift. With this, it is level front to back and side to side (no KDSS Lean).
This is a great setup if you are running most stock, but probably a bit light if you are putting after market bumpers and other heavy mods/accessories that will increase vehicle weight. I wound up adding airbags to stiffen up the rear when I tow a trailer and that works great for me.
I have been very happy with it. I think they really got the shock dynamics right - a big improvement over OEM. Much more stable when driving fast on dirt (dips and wash board) roads, and very comfortable on pavement at highway speeds. Plus no more nose dive when breaking.
And yes, I got a factory tour as well (It was awesome).
Thank you. Now all of a sudden, i have a desire to lift my LC with Eibach……goes everything that i believe in…… :D

I know Eibach from my sports car days…they are good sh!t.

Oh wow cool thanks for the info! Sounds like a really good option. I've always had really good luck with OME suspension. I've had it on a few of my Tundras. I still may go that route. I don't plan on doing bumpers. I'd like to do sliders and probably a drawer system at some point. Planning on running 275/70/18's or 285/65/18's. What size tires are you running? How long have you been running the Eibach kit? Any issues? Do you have any photos of your setup?
I had the Eibach for 2 years now and no problems (just to clarify the UCA are the stock toyota (OEM) ones). I did the KISS drawers - if you like the ability to customize finish, carpet and tie downs, etc. they are a good option. I just put on White Knuckle sliders angled with kick outs and no plates - looks great. Still running the stock Dunlops, but plan to go with Nitto Ridge Grappler 275/70R18 and expect no rubbing, but may need to adjust the front mud flat. I am considering the Rhino front bumper and Descent rear bumper, but those may not happen for awhile if they do - will need to re-evaluate the suspension as well. Hoping to get a build thread going sometime.

Do you know the approx. tongue weight of your trailer? I'm also looking into this Eibach set up and am wondering if it should be supplemented with airbags as well, or if the increase spring rate would suffice. I pull a small teardrop during camping season and is only about 2300lbs loaded with a tongue weight of 250-300lbs. Currently, there's a little too much sag for my liking with the stock suspension.
My trailer has a pretty hefty tongue weight for its size - about 350-400 lbs. I use a weight distribution hitch, but still needed the air bags to help out. I did the air bag install myself.
A few notes on that with the Eibach suspension: when Eibach did the suspension upgrade, I got the truck back all leveled nicely, but after my install of the air bags (dropped the rear axil to install), I couldn't get the right to left learn back to level. I did all the KDSS lean correction procedures, but only worked to a certain point. I then installed a coil spacer on the low side to take the lean out. So the lesson is - have Eibach do the install (they did a great job) and if you mess with it after expect to do some corrections.

My trailer has a pretty hefty tongue weight for its size - about 350-400 lbs. I use a weight distribution hitch, but still needed the air bags to help out. I did the air bag install myself.
A few notes on that with the Eibach suspension: when Eibach did the suspension upgrade, I got the truck back all leveled nicely, but after my install of the air bags (dropped the rear axil to install), I couldn't get the right to left learn back to level. I did all the KDSS lean correction procedures, but only worked to a certain point. I then installed a coil spacer on the low side to take the lean out. So the lesson is - have Eibach do the install (they did a great job) and if you mess with it after expect to do some corrections.
Thanks for the reply and for all of your input regarding this kit. Very informative!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom