effin scumbags!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On Monday, 8-29 i drove out of my 'hood on the way to work, and made notice
on the gas $ at the shell station i drive by.
as the day went on, and the news talked about the hurricane down south, and the havoc it wreaking, i made a special promise to myself to check the gas prices on the way home.
guess what?
the $'s increase 20 cents per gallon during the day. i pulled in, and pretended to have a question "regarding the driver of the rig that delivered gas to you today, because he damn near hit me when he pulled out">
the answer fron the pump jocky...." we had no delivery today"...
fxxxin' a-hole people....imagine if the price of milk went up like this..there would
be a revolution...i guess with an oilman in washington, this is what happens.
who do i call to report price gouging????

hammer

I'd call your local "City Attorney" or D.A., the state Attorney General, and just for fun and to light a fire under the ass of the first two, the local media[newspapers/TV news]. Remember:"Human society is like a stew; If you don't keep it stirred up, the scum rises to the top."

Damn man!! I have never heard of that much of a price jump!! Sorry to hear that.

:beer:

i did it!
i called the local District attorney am told my story. I actually talked to some subordinate, but whatever.
spent about 10 minutes on the phone, filling him in on what i thought happend.
this is something that the office seemed interested in, so i'd like to se what comes of it.
my question is....If i do a job using metal studs, and the steel prices cause the studs to double in price, and the only store that still has them is selling them at what the market while pay, isnt it
not really against the law to adjust your pricing to reflect market demand? is the gas guy really doing something illegal? someone told me it has something to do with the tax on the gasoline that would bring price gouging into the picture....
i wish i knew more about economics.
hammer

I remember I was pissed off when it went to $1.30 a gallon. This is bull dodo... I am going to hijack a gas truck and put it in my back yard. Have my own gas station.

You know in the state of Texas if you buy fuel and put it into your boat or any offroad type of transpertation you can get your money back on the road taxes. I am not sure of the process but my father does it for his boat.

It went up ~ 15 cents here in south Austin yesterday... Super Walmart close to my house had for $2.47/gal monday eve and it was $2.72 last night...Rumor has it, and I'm not surprised, it's gonna continue to go up.

i see they are blaming the hurricane, but on one of the talk shows on tv last night, the had some "consultant that said the oil rigs in the gulf actually only pump up oil for about 3-5% of the time that the rig is operating. the rest of the time is maint. and other stuff. and the amount of tankerss in the gulf at any given time isnt all that much, so his opinion was that a two or three day interuption from that part of the world would have no significant effect overall.
price gouging and fear is what is happening.
i hate it.
someday this is going to bite that one responsible in they're collective asses, and im going to want a big taste.
hammer

From what I've read and heard, the biggest disruption is in the refining process for gasoline. Transportation is also an issue. Most fuel and oil products that head out of the gulf go through a pipeline 24/7. One of the major pipelines to the east coast is currently out of action, and that's what's really going to wind up killing the east coast.

I did some work a few months ago for a company called Explorer Pipeline - kind of fasinating, actually. They ship petroleum products in an 8" pipe (IIRC) from Houston to Chicago. There are a handful of pumping stations between here and there with holding tanks, etc. (What they pump varies, and everything is separated with neoprene balls that go through the pipeline). What this company pumps to Chicago in a 24 hour period would take a line of tractor-trailers end to end from Houston to OK City to equal the volume. That's a lot of fuel.

That said, Explorer Pipeline is a company with about 60 employees and it makes about $120m a year in profits...

swank60 said:
I did some work a few months ago for a company called Explorer Pipeline - kind of fasinating, actually. They ship petroleum products in an 8" pipe (IIRC) from Houston to Chicago. ...

I am going to find a remote location where this pipe line runs and tape off of it.

We have an oil man in the white house who is in bed with every oil company lobbyist there is. Why wouldn't they be TRYING to keep oil prices as high as possible? It's making them RICH.

Last edited:
I'm in Asheville and have just watched my gas go from 2.69 to 3.09 this morning. Apparently the pipe line from the coast has no power to send the refined fuel to Western north Carolina. One of the gas station owners was on the radio this morning saying his 'wholesale' price for gas was 3.06/g and that he had to have what little fuel he has, shipped from the coast of North Carolina. He said he would have to pay an addition 600 bucks per truck load on top of the 3.06/g. I got gas this morning from the cheapest place in town 2.96/g and there were signs telling us not to get more than 10 gallons per vehicle per day.

I'm so glad me Toyota Diesel pickup still get 38mpg on Biodiesel. As for the fj60, known to many as Bonnie, she sits patiently in the driveway.

We can get through this. The only thing this gas s*** is cutting into right now is my 'fun' money. I can still buy groceries and do laundry. So to this problem i say Its bad but could be much worse.

I just heard Bush has released oil from the national reserve to some different refinerys, the amounts will be available tomorrow. But this shortage should subside in less than a week. Meanwhile (it just got worse while I was writing this) I just heard many of the gas stations in Asheville are now closed due to lack of fuel and gas.

Dang man! Dang.

dont nag guys...here in montreal quebec, we have special taxes that the gov put on taxes and the big gas compagny are doing a LOT of speculation on gas price........so we pay the equivalent of around 3.50U$ for a gallon......2.72 is a good deal for me!

yves

MDH33 said:
We have a an oil man in the white house who is in bed with every oil company lobbyist there is. Why wouldn't they be TRYING to keep oil prices as high as possible? It's making them RICH.

Learn some economics. This president nor any other for that matter has or has had the power to change the price of oil. If you want to be mad at someone, look to OPEC. They're the ones that set the production pace and price. And a side note, the gas in 1981 when adjusted for inflation was well over $3 a gallon and over $80 for a barrel of oil.

Last time I checked diesel was $1.13 per litre. That equals $4.28 per US gallon.
Unleaded petrol is a bit cheaper. Both can be found cheaper again in the capitol cities, but not that much cheaper.

Fortunately for us we have a small 4 cyl. 1.6 litre (98 cu in) engine petrol car for running around, and my cruiser has a 135 litre tank (33 gallon); $152 to fill.

Don't get your panties in a bunch ADIDASPROF. A little conspiracy theory makes things more interesting. ;)

adidasprof said:
Learn some economics. This president nor any other for that matter has or has had the power to change the price of oil. If you want to be mad at someone, look to OPEC. They're the ones that set the production pace and price. And a side note, the gas in 1981 when adjusted for inflation was well over $3 a gallon and over $80 for a barrel of oil.
but policy DOES have some effect on oil prices. remember, opec countires
have few other items to export, so hate us as they do, they still need us to use
their oil.
i will never, and have never believed anything ever said about the cause of
gasoline or anyother energy source.
people ARE getting rich over this, make no mistake....and it might be the opec guys, but bush and his cronies can do something, and its not opening the preserves.....
fxxxing crooks...all of 'em

things can be done in some areas of our US energy policy, such as funding research for other sources of engergy and such, but the ones with most control over all of this is OPEC. i'm not saying people aren't getting rich off of all of this. there's no doubting that. and i'm sure the people in OPEC are swimming in our money right now.

I was under the impression that OPEC 'harvested and packaged' raw product and that they had a 'record surplus' and show 'record profits' but that the real problem, other that the f'n hurricane, is that there aren't enough refineries to turn the raw product into usable fuel as fast as we american's are using it. So getting the oil is no problem but turning it into something we can use is.

I am going to start riding my bike to and from work. I could lose a few pounds anyway. Has any one thought of using the cooking oil for fuel, or even natural gas conversions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom