Edmonton Mechanic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I know there was a thread about this awhile back but has anyone had anymore luck with a good mechanic in Edmonton. I need some pretty minor work done to my BJ74 but just don't have the time to do it.

I am at a crossroads where I want to keep it but just don't have any time with my job to work on it if something comes up with it as it is my daily driver.

Anybody have any luck with a mechanic yet?

Haggs

I've used "Wilson's Auto Tech" on 107th ave just off 170 st. Sorry I don't have contact info for them handy. i'll look it up and post later, but they did the out of province on my hj61 and hilux as well as some minor work on the hilux. they were good to deal with.

So far i've been lucky, nothing majos has happened. for oil changes and regular maintainance i've been using "Bettchers Auto" on 59 st and 82 ave. They are very good and I reccomend them to everybody but I know he is not too keen on working on diesels.

Good Luck. I'll keep watching this as i'm curious to find some more mechanics to work on mine too in Edmonton.

Jammer

Toytech just off of Argyl Rd are toyota specific mechanics, I've see a few RHD in their yard too. Talk to Dan Kublik at 4Wheel auto and he can point you in the right direction...Toll free 1-866-468-2570. If you need parts he can hook you up too, he probably has one of the best selections of Cruiser gear in the area. GCL Diesel know the 1HD-T really well too if your looking for engine work.

Toytech just off of Argyl Rd are toyota specific mechanics, I've see a few RHD in their yard too. Talk to Dan Kublik at 4Wheel auto and he can point you in the right direction...Toll free 1-866-468-2570. If you need parts he can hook you up too, he probably has one of the best selections of Cruiser gear in the area. GCL Diesel know the 1HD-T really well too if your looking for engine work.

I have talked to 4wheel about working on my cruiser before and they would except there wait times are usually pretty long. I have gotten parts off of them before to. They refered me to another guy in town here who I will go check out and post about what I find.
I have talked to Toytech before, probably a year ago and they told me they had no interest in working on JDM's. I will call them again maybe they have changed there minds.

Thanks for the responses guys.
Drew

Yeh 4wheel has a small shop and they always have some kind of restoration going on back there, have you seen Dan's kick ass project next door? I can't remember all the details but it has mercedes(military truck) axles to handle the huge wheels it has to turn.

Yah man please post your findings on that other guy you heard about.

Gord

depending on what you need, i have found alberta drive line to be no bs and quick to help. i've delt with 4 wheel a bit, and when they found out i do my own wrenching they became very unhelpful. i know they are busy, but they couldn't even return my calls to let me know if they had available parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom