Ebay brake proportioning valves (LSPV) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at ordering a new brake proportioning valve for my 1994 80. I was going to go with the OEM Toyota assembly, pricey but sounds like the way to go for quality. Big difference in price from the $30 aftermarket to the $185 genuine Toyota part.

For the Genuine Toyota options it seems around $185 is about the cheapest they go for other than ebay. Ebay has a few sellers from the Middle East selling these for around $120. Has anyone bought any of these $120 genuine Toyota brake proportioning valves?

I saw one thread where folks had luck with an aftermarket assembly from Amazon but it is no longer available.

Rebuild not an option as mine is all rusted up...

Thanks.

Looking at ordering a new brake proportioning valve for my 1994 80. I was going to go with the OEM Toyota assembly, pricey but sounds like the way to go for quality. Big difference in price from the $30 aftermarket to the $185 genuine Toyota part.

For the Genuine Toyota options it seems around $185 is about the cheapest they go for other than ebay. Ebay has a few sellers from the Middle East selling these for around $120. Has anyone bought any of these $120 genuine Toyota brake proportioning valves?

I saw one thread where folks had luck with an aftermarket assembly from Amazon but it is no longer available.

Thanks.
If you're talking about the LSPV, how long did the OEM Toyota one last?

That's about $8 per year. Not hard to swallow.

even the savings ordering form the middle east it may be a wash after the shipping or very little savings and may not be worht it. you can always run the truck with out the lspv as another option, there are ways to bypass the valve

If it's the lspv you are talking about, be sure it's the correct one. I searched pretty hard, am decent at finding things online, and couldn't find the correct lspv for my '97 for less than about $110. Part number that I used was: 47910-60090

Frustratingly a lot of the $30 to $40 ones look almost identical but are reversed typically I think.

Yeah, I am referring to the LSPV (added in the thread title). The $120 price is with shipping, part number 47910-60090. The listings from the middle east fluctuate a few dollars up and down in this range it seems. Be a bit more with taxes.

Last edited:
What is the difference between the 47910-60070 that fits the 91-93 FJ80's and the 47910-60090 that fits the later FZJ80's?

What is the difference between the 47910-60070 that fits the 91-93 FJ80's and the 47910-60090 that fits the later FZJ80's?
First version is probably valved differently because the early ones had drum brakes on the rear instead of discs.

Can anybody confirm that 47910-60070 is dedicated to drum brakes while 47910-60090 fits the discs?

Or tell me what is the physical difference between them so I can check what I have on my car?

I am not sure which of these two versions I should order.

Can anybody confirm that 47910-60070 is dedicated to drum brakes while 47910-60090 fits the discs?

Or tell me what is the physical difference between them so I can check what I have on my car?

I am not sure which of these two versions I should order.

I don't think the different party number has anything to do with drums vs discs. Both numbers show up as correct for vehicles with drums and discs.

I'd go to partsouq.com use your vin to find the correct catalogue, or search for the correct category, then check the part number

Good chance the change in part number was due to a charge in manufacturing process

LSPV is a very important part - do NOT skimp on it.

ToyoDIY doesn't indicate that -60070 or -60090 are for drum or disk. -60070 is spec'd for up to 7/92, and -60090 for 8/92 up.

Remember that pre-8/92 was not all drum rear. My 80 is 3/92 build with disk rear (the small version - the larger version came from 8/92 up).

Last edited:
sunrk - intriguing!! this disk rear small vs larger version? May I ask you to give more details? In my car, I have the entire rear axle not original but adapted by the previous owner from another LC80. How could I check if I have the small or larger version of the disks?
My LC80 is from 93 so 60090 is the right part.

I checked under my car and I do not have LSPV at all. Can it be the original configuration or rather did the previous owner dismount it?

Thanks.

You're running OME heavies, which tells me that the rear end gets loaded up.

Have you tried to tie the arm to the highest position and drive around like that to see if you see any improvements? Some of us are running heavy in the rear rigs and tossed the LSPVs, in order to get improved braking abilities. I had the arm on my LSPV tied up out of the way for years since the load in the cargo doesn't change, yours might be different, of course.

Just a thought.

I checked under my car and I do not have LSPV at all. Can it be the original configuration or rather did the previous owner dismount it?

You're also from Poland and I wonder if your 4x4 vehicles from Toyota don't have the LSPVs at all? seems like most toyota 4x4s in the States have LSPVs from factory.

I am sure most of Toyotas from our domestic (or European) market have LSPV from factory. But my car was probably heavily modified by the previous (I have no idea of how many of them were before me :)) owner. That is why I am curious if there were any LC80 without LSPV?

I am sure most of Toyotas from our domestic (or European) market have LSPV from factory. But my car was probably heavily modified by the previous (I have no idea of how many of them were before me :)) owner. That is why I am curious if there were any LC80 without LSPV?

removing the LSPV is quite easy, but removing one of the brake lines that feeds it from the front is not easy. Most folks just leave that one in place, along the left chassis frame. I wonder if you can find this line on yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom