easy wheeling in the mammoth area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My family and I will be heading up to the mammoth lakes area in CA. Any easy trails that I can do with the family esp. with any nice scenery. I have a stock 94 80 so nothing extreme, just something off the beaten path.
Thanks!!

head on over to the Napa Auto parts store on hwy 203 and ask for Brian. He is the president of the Mammoth Lakes 4x4 club and can give you some good options. In addition the visitor center does have trail maps for off highway vehicles. That map has a loop north of Mammoth (Mammoth craters???) that is very scenic. It's listed as more difficult however, I did it when my truck was all stock without any problems. The laurel lake route is an out and bike. It takes you up to some beautiful lakes. A stock rig can easily make it just go very slow in the off camber sections. Have fun!
-David...

I second the Laurel Canyon excursion. It's very scenic, easy, and few people go up there. The two lakes have small rainbows in them. There is a side slope with about 100 yards of off-camber, but nothing even close to tippy.

thanks for the replies guys
I came across that same trail using trails.com
and there is fishing to boot
thanks again

Laurel lakes

Laurel Lakes is a great family run, hard but not too hard... far but not too far out and off the road. And sights like these...from two summers ago. I bet this would make a great first snow run....

-Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom