East coast 2007 pig run August 2007 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK guys, I’m sending out this blurb as in past years to anyone for whom I have an email address and think might be interested in joining us for the 2007 pig run. This is the sixth year for the “event”, such as it is. This year is as informal as ever but surely will be as enjoyable as any of the past events. Seeing a lineup of FJ55’s in the heart of the country’s rust belt is an inspiring sight for most land cruiser enthusiasts. We’re hoping to have more than a dozen pigs in attendance this year, so do your part and get your oinker to Rausch Creek next month!!!!

We’ll be running Rausch Creek Friday August 3 and Saturday August 4. I for one am probably camping at Camp-A-While, right off exit 112 of interstate 81. Rausch Creek is off exit 107 of I-81. We’ll be meeting in the staging area at Rausch Creek around 7:30AM on Thursday, and getting the pigs together for a group shot by about 8AM if all goes well. Anyone who knows me will appreciate that I intend to have my group ready to head out onto the trails by about 8:30AM. Saturday will just be everyone meeting in the staging area at 8Am to get groups together for the day’s trail ride.

Chris Bashore is possibly gonna have some pig run T shirts available- no promises here- but I must say he did a helluva job on the last bunch he did in 2005. let’s all keep our fingers crossed on this one!!!!

Feel free to forward this message to any of the club forums- Gotham City, my own Appalachian Land Cruiser guys, and any of the clubs from Virginia or wherever, whose members might be able to attend. Any four wheel drive Toyota is welcome to attend and participate, and as usual we’ll form groups for trucks with similar capabilities and expectations. By this time a lot of us are getting quite familiar with Rausch Creek and there is sure to be enough group leaders as required. The pig run is a fun event- no pressures, just a few days on the trail with other folks who enjoy their Toyotas and appreciate the rarity of the iron pig. Send any comments or questions to me directly or else to Jeff Dozier. The Appalachian Group is running this year’s event and Jeff is the president of the group.

I look forward to hearing from anyone planning to attend- let’s make this a fun weekend next month!!!!!! Yours in the interest of the iron pig……………..Gary S

Chris Bashore is possibly gonna have some pig run T shirts available- no promises here- but I must say he did a helluva job on the last bunch he did in 2005. let’s all keep our fingers crossed on this one!!!!
Gary S

finally heard back from my friends artist and all is go! :bounce:
many obstacles to surmount and 2 separate, competing vacations to contend with but it turns out we'll have 1 whole day to print these things up just before the event.
I promise the ink will be dry! :D

I'm for camping at Rausch if anyone else is. I'd be nice to keep everyone together for the after trail banter though...

is anyone else will be camping at camp-a-while or just Gary. i am coming from Ct so i don't know where should i go thurstday afternoon. Propably will bring my brothers 40 and some extra birfields because i didnt fix my frame yet. see u there..... Tom J.

If you camp at Camp A While bring either ear plugs or lots of alcohol. It's a nice camp ground but you'll hear jake brakes all night.

I think most of the ALCA guys and otheres are camping at Rausch Creek. Primative but its included in the wheeling price. They have moved some of the camps so I havn't stayed at them yet. Sean helped cut them out and said they are nice.

will there be a stocker run on the more timid trails? would like to go with my stock 80 if so.

is anyone else will be camping at camp-a-while or just Gary. i am coming from Ct so i don't know where should i go thurstday afternoon. Propably will bring my brothers 40 and some extra birfields because i didnt fix my frame yet. see u there..... Tom J.

I'm heading out from IN Thursday as well (that's the current plan anyhow) and will also be staying at Camp-a-While with Gary. I'm hoping to get there before 9pm but who knows how traffic and construction are gonna delay my progress. I'm sure that the camping at Rausch is cheaper and closer but I sure do like a shower at the end of a day on the trail.

Nick

trying to camp Thursday, but it totally depends how these T's go...
*might* be printing Thurs night :(

Here is the latest from Lynn at Rausch:

Make sure everyone 16 and older signs the campers check-in sheet up on the front porch.

Truck and trailers have to camp up top in the staging plateau. That may sound not too cool, but as more and more people try it, they're finding it's the same as camping down below. We have a couple porta-potties and washstand up there now.

The area we used across the street temporarily is now off limits to us. Not sure if you even know where that was, but it's no longer for us to use.

The tent areas are the same as always. Remind everyone to plan on packing out your trash, and not to burn icky stuff in the campfires. We have two washstands now but a lot of people are dumping their trash next to the small trashcans that are meant for the towels people use to dry their hands. You guys are usually pretty cool, but I need to mention it to everyon

I’m planning on driving up Thursday evening although I will be camping at Twin Grove.

I’m planning on being at Rausch bright and early Friday Morning. It will be my 1st time there. Looking forward to seeing/meeting everybody:bounce:

I'm going to try and attend this; it'll be my first event.
Chris
'00 LX470

Bring it on Charleton! Haven't seen you since Salt Box. You'll like Rausch. Office opens at 8:00A. See you in the lot. I'll be the other blue '40 :D

Oh, and let us know how you like Twin Grove, as it doesn't look that far from the unfortunate EV as a possible for next CMCC.

Dan

T's finished last night so now all I need is a cruiser :rolleyes:

might be catching a seat again this year :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom