Early door glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

avicenna110

SILVER Star
Threads
My window on PS would get stuck at the very top and it took me a long time to realize (with the help of phone camera) that the window regulator wheel is coming out of the channel:

AEC90494-A57E-4E52-9EC9-5A5C64BCA4EE.jpeg

The windows were broken and PO had provided the glasses, I believe I installed the driver side on the passenger side so the channel doesn’t reach far enough forward. The weatherstripping is in place too already. I don’t think the glass could fall, but I’d like to fix it eventually. I found the right channel from the broken original glass inside the door so I could use that with a new glass. Wanted to see if anyone has experience with any vendor that makes early glasses before I order customs sized. Thanks

there are 2 sizes of glass depending on tall vs short frames. i can see what i have at the house regarding measurements. I ordered mine online and had it in like 2 days.
One simple solution is to slide the track on the glass over an inch, see where the roller is when the window is rolled up. I used a bike innertube and some solution to mount decals to position the track on the glass when it fell off the first time. Seems to work well now. Do the top of your door window frames have a metal lip sticking above the top track an inch or is the top track the top of the door? if your glass is fine and all that is off is the track, just remove the track and move it over..

Thanks. The tracks are attached to the glass pretty good, I don’t know if I can move it, also I don’t think there is much space. The track looks like this:

C716A01B-03E8-4D9E-BAB6-E0421D39B29B.jpeg

I think if I were to disassemble it (and cut the weatherstripping), I would replace the glass as well so I would really appreciate it if you have the glass size so I’d have it ready when I take it apart. I didn’t quite understand the question about the top of the door but it’s like this ( the size is roughly 16inches):

9292BF8B-84A9-4793-9E08-78F3EE09C6B1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom