E brake and brake fluid flush. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lots of info about E-brake replacement and adjustment in the document of post#28 of this thread:

Also, no need to mess with these clips and springs. Toyota shoes have a slot. You can just slip the shoes in!

Hi All, Thank You so much for all your help I was finally able to get the parking brake done today with some sucess. I do have parking brake now but it barley holds the LX on flat ground. Is there a adjuster in the handle? I know there is one in the cable that runs across the differential and I ordered a new one but I think I mixed up and got the up front cable. does not look anything like the one in the back. I did not try to adjust that cable yet. My cousin was helping and he told me there should be a adjuster in the handle like his 4R. The adjuster in the brake shoes cannot be adjusted any more because it rubs on the rotors then.

I must say it took be 3 hours to put one side back in and 30-40 minutes for the other. It was quite a feat even with the diagram in hand. Once again I appreciate all your help.

I'd like to mention, if you take any car with over 75,000 miles and ebrake of unknown condition, and you set the ebrake, there's a huge chance something will brake or seize. It's a good idea to be somewhere where you can work/fix a car when you attempt to use the ebrake if it hasn't been used for years.

I'd like to mention, if you take any car with over 75,000 miles and ebrake of unknown condition, and you set the ebrake, there's a huge chance something will brake or seize. It's a good idea to be somewhere where you can work/fix a car when you attempt to use the ebrake if it hasn't been used for years.

I replaced all the e brake hardware, including bell cranks, shoes, and other hardware that needed to be replace. The old bell cranks are completely rusted out and were seized. The only problem now I have is how to get the e brake adjusted so that after 4-5 clicks it holds the vehicle. Now I pull the handle all the way and it gives me some brake but not much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom