Dynamat Results? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Considering a full dynamat of my cabin - wanted to see how people felt about the before and after and their experience doing it. Would you recommend? Is there a noticeable difference in cabin?

With two very young kiddos, sitting in the rear with a 3” exhaust it can do a number on their ears on long road trips.

what vehicle? you probably gain the most out of a troopie. I just finished doing my Ute and haven't gotten it up to hwy speeds yet, haven't really noticed too much difference except maybe all the noises are a little bit more muted, but my wife claims the cab is noticably quieter.
I have 78 prado. Thank you for the insight. When you did your Ute did you do the whole deal, floor, door skins, doors, etc? Any particular type you used? I’m hoping to get a better understanding of all the variables and adjust my expectations accordingly.

Again I appreciate your reply!

My Prado is not really that noisy but I do have stock exhaust. You could always start with that rear floor under the carpet and go from there. I have used this product in other vehicles with moderate success. It does help. 1 layer doesn't really do enough imo. if you're gonna do it, at least do 2 layers and/or some jute mat.

I've been wanting to do this to my Prado as well. With a 2.5" side exit straight pipe it gets pretty noisy on the highway; it would be nice to cut out some of the droning and engine noise.

Made a world of difference in my troopy! Especially the roof during a rain storm. Did everything but the floor. Even the engine bay hood which helped. I used the cheap stuff from Amazon inside the doors and fenders and firewall but dynamat on the roof and engine.

I've been wanting to do this to my Prado as well. With a 2.5" side exit straight pipe it gets pretty noisy on the highway; it would be nice to cut out some of the droning and engine noise.
Yeah - I’m with you. I have a 3” and exits quite high and under cabin for more clearance. The droning sound gets a little hard on the ears on long drives.

Made a world of difference in my troopy! Especially the roof during a rain storm. Did everything but the floor. Even the engine bay hood which helped. I used the cheap stuff from Amazon inside the doors and fenders and firewall but dynamat on the roof and engine.
Glad to hear! Thank you. Didn’t think about engine bay/hood. It does reflect heat, which I heard about but not sure if it’s marginally more than stock.

My Prado is not really that noisy but I do have stock exhaust. You could always start with that rear floor under the carpet and go from there. I have used this product in other vehicles with moderate success. It does help. 1 layer doesn't really do enough imo. if you're gonna do it, at least do 2 layers and/or some jute mat.
I’m definitely going to double panels where I can.

There are two different types of sound attenuation.

On my troopy i first did a deadener, it made a HUGE difference in the sound of hollow metal tinny or rattleness. But not any for outside noise.

I then went for a sound damper and it made a pretty good difference is quieting the sound from outside, like road noise and exhaust note.

Between the two I would say my troopy is easily as quite as my Tacoma now.

I think you want to make sure your getting a dampener, not a deadener

There are two different types of sound attenuation.

On my troopy i first did a deadener, it made a HUGE difference in the sound of hollow metal tinny or rattleness. But not any for outside noise.

I then went for a sound damper and it made a pretty good difference is quieting the sound from outside, like road noise and exhaust note.

Between the two I would say my troopy is easily as quite as my Tacoma now.

I think you want to make sure your getting a dampener, not a deadener
Thank you for the heads up! That feels like a key detail right there, that shouldn’t be overlooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom