dual purpose bikes (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have an XT225. My first bike.

attachment.php

5-9 is going to be too short for a stock KLR, unless you have a 34 plus inseam. When fitted with the lowering kit, the one I had rode like s*** and I immediately removed it. Oh, and I'm six foot. Corbin dished seat is your best option to be able to touch more than a tippy toe.

40 miles a day for a commute calls for at least a 500cc ride. If you are not tall i agree with rabid XL500s good power, smooth ride, low, brakes leave a little to be desired though.
In the 650cc range i like the XR650L over the KLR650 because it is better suited to off road, KLR is closer to a low end expedition bike. You may be able to tell which i prefer.
vinces pics 228 (Small).jpg
new  bike 1 (Small).jpg

Plated yes...however, those tires are not street legal...at least not in Colorado... :D

Was someone breaking the law? :rolleyes: :D Or do they allow such tires on the roads in Texas? :D

mabrodis has the guud eye. Those are not DOT-approved tires, but I just bought the bike yesterday. I'm thinking about slapping Continental TKC80's on both ends and calling it ADEQUATE.

40 miles a day for a commute calls for at least a 500cc ride. If you are not tall i agree with rabid XL500s good power, smooth ride, low, brakes leave a little to be desired though.
In the 650cc range i like the XR650L over the KLR650 because it is better suited to off road, KLR is closer to a low end expedition bike. You may be able to tell which i prefer.

He'd have to carry a step ladder to ride that bitch. And, on road manners suck compared to a KLR. Offroad, they're the bomb.

He'd have to carry a step ladder to ride that bitch. And, on road manners suck compared to a KLR. Offroad, they're the bomb.

I know the KLR is suited more for the road but the XR sucking on the road, i haden't noticed in the 40,000 kms iv'e put on.

i like these.. did you lay it down yet? :doh:

:doh: Thankfully no.

I hope hope hope I never do.

I think the "two kinds of riders, those that have laid it down and those that are going to" thing is BS.

One reason I chose this bike is because it's SO easy to ride and it's so forgiving. I'd have to do something really stupid to crash it.

I think the "two kinds of riders, those that have laid it down and those that are going to" thing is BS.

One reason I chose this bike is because it's SO easy to ride and it's so forgiving. I'd have to do something really stupid to crash it.

I was super careful with my first motorsickle.... but crashed and burned on a tiny tiny patch of sand on the road.. it was like I slipped on a banana peel.. :doh:

I had one of these for my 1st bike and it was almost new when I got it. It would have put the undying Hilux to shame:D
Also cost me a visit to the childrens court and a $10 fine for refusing to stop,no DL and no helmet:D

9678_0_1_4_dt%20175_Image%20credits%20-%20Jean%20Villeneuve.jpg

Dual-sporting is seriously popular. I just picked up my second bike today to go along with my road bike ('95 Honda ST1100). The bike I just got is a '97 Honda XR400R, which has been plated to be street-legal.

That thing is mint!! Still one of my favorite thumpers.

Huskies are like FJ40's. They're a pain in the ass to get parts for.

x2 Stick with Japan unless you're racing :D

Tradeoff with size is highway vs offroad capabilities.

If you don't lay your dirt bike down at some point, you're doing it wrong. :flipoff2:

I mean on the trail. :lol: Let's hope the rubber never leaves the road. :cheers:

That thing is mint!! Still one of my favorite thumpers.

x2 Stick with Japan unless you're racing :D

Tradeoff with size is highway vs offroad capabilities.

Thanks! it is a kick in the ass, for sure. I'm going to have the stator rewound and put a better dual sport kit on it so that I can have turn signals, a better headlight and a voltage rectifier/regulator on it.

If you don't lay your dirt bike down at some point, you're doing it wrong. :flipoff2:

I mean on the trail. :lol: Let's hope the rubber never leaves the road. :cheers:

True. x2.

dual sport bikes are the heat! I had an ATK 605. That was the coolest bike i ever rode. Hand made in America. Had the Rotax bullet proof motor in it and real torque. That thing would run 100 mph across the desert no problem. Real stable too.

ATK

I just thought I'd put the white-hot spot light on Yooper and state that all this weekend he's taking the Rider's Course. Yeehaw! Pretty soon that Yamaha is gonna be the scourge of Marquette!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom