Dual battery setup (battery suggestion) (1 Viewer)

Apologies if this has been covered. I couldn't find much in the search or Google. A little explanation of the end goal to hopefully get some educated suggestions on the recommended battery type for my needs...I have zero expertise in anything electrical.

Replacing an old interstate battery in my Tacoma. The end result is going to be a dual battery setup with Blue Sea ML-ACR holding the charing. After that, adding renogy flexible solar 175w on the roof and their MPPT to feed solar to the house battery (RTT lighting and accessories at camp). The MPPT will eventually trickle back to the starting battery and keep both topped off while sitting in the driveway (not my daily driver)

Am going to get 2 new matching batteries to start this off. Not really a red top fan, but have had yellow tops that worked great for a daily driver.

Has anybody had experience yet with Full Throttle Batteries? OGE sells them and swears by them for offroad/expedition type vehicles and dual batt setups , but I can't find any reviews on them otherwise.

Need something that can be drained pretty low and take a good charge over and over. As well as will take a good constant top-off via solar down the road.

Yellow top, interstate, red top, full throttle, Northstar? Anybody partial to one for a similar type setup?

spressomon

glutton
Not familiar with Full Throttle but specs appear similar to Odyssey & Lifeline. I've been using Odyssey batteries in my UZJ100 for 14-years and typically getting 10-years out of them. Had Lifeline batteries in my then Kimberley Kamper; worked as advertised. Better selection of sizes with Odyssey though. Deka is similar to Odyssey & Lifeline but lower cost.

Use Interstate FLA from Costco in my HD2500 and at $80 its big bang for the buck but wouldn't want them for the rough and tumble world the UZJ100 sees (venting, sloshing battery acid, etc.). Couldn't give me an Optima of any color since they sold out...

Kabanstva

SILVER Star
Mind if I ask the reason for 1 of each? Which do you like for the aux battery?
Northstar didn't have the right size battery I needed for my auxiliary. I have Northstar (group 31) for main and Odyssey (1230) for auxiliary.

On the Tacomaworld forums, people are raving about the Northstar 31 so that was the main reason I went with that over teh Odyssey which I know plenty of people are happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom