Drove it in the hurricane water. Diff breather was disconnected. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I didn't know that sucker was disconnected. I changed the diff oil right after the hurricane but didn't get the chance to post the picture. Here is what came out :shifty:

IMG_8292.JPG

You should always take the fill plug out before you take the drain plug out.

In case it's seized and you can't refill it. I see this advice all over the internet, but I've personally never once had a problem with a fill plug. And even if I did, I'm just going to remove it like I would any other stuck fastener...

Probably was a good idea to go ahead with changing that? May consider relocating the breathers?:hillbilly:

Lol yup. I Made sure it's not gonna come off again anytime soon. I think it was a little short with the lift and all.

Lol yup. I Made sure it's not gonna come off again anytime soon. I think it was a little short with the lift and all.

Also, if you are going to play in water, they are a little low. We get new line, extend the rear into the quarter, near the fuel filler and the front to near the brake booster, terminate them with cheep fuel filters.

Run your extender hoses along the brake lines up to the frame. You know those are long enough to not just come undone.

They say to remove the filler plug so you KNOW it will come out for the refill. That's all

Also, if you are going to play in water, they are a little low. We get new line, extend the rear into the quarter, near the fuel filler and the front to near the brake booster, terminate them with cheep fuel filters.

So you think I should replace the factory line with a new longer line? What I did I unhooked the line where it connects to the frame which gave it more length but technically it's just hanging there now.

Run your extender hoses along the brake lines up to the frame. You know those are long enough to not just come undone.

That's actually a pretty good idea as well. I will check and see if autozone has these lines.

Do you remember by any chance how long the new extended line should be?

So you think I should replace the factory line with a new longer line? What I did I unhooked the line where it connects to the frame which gave it more length but technically it's just hanging there now.
Yes, just grab some 1/4" line from your local auto place and run it higher. Mine popped off all the time until I extended it.

Do you remember by any chance how long the new extended line should be?
Doesnt really matter.... longer and higher. Mine is up around the brake booster now.

The 99cent cheap VW fuel filter work fine to cap up there.

Looks like e.coli :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom