Door locks gone awry! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We were getting into the new to us 2000 LX470 today and found an inconvenient and annoying problem, the door locks were not operating. Key fob did not unlock doors so I unlocked the front passenger door and pressed the door button. Nothing. Tried driver's door lock button nothing. I can hear a slight clicking noise but the locks do not work. The key fob produces the beep for locking and unlocking and I can hear the slight clicking coming from the doors.

First thought was that the battery was low, truck started up with no lag and showed proper voltage on the cluster gauge. Did not pursue battery condition further.

The fact that I'm hearing a click when using the door buttons and and key fob confounds me. The locks worked perfectly the day before.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I can trouble shoot electronics, but time is limited so would prefer direction on where to start.

Thanks

Does the truck have an aftermarket alarm or remote start? If it does, I'd start by removing it. If you use the search term Door Locks on MUD, you'll get lots of threads with lock issues that may give you ideas.

Sorry can't be of much help on specific relay it may be. Also the factory replaced one of my CPU years ago, do to some strange issue with locking/ security system. When I asked shop how they found so fast they said: service bulletin of known issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom