Door lock actuator issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched forum & can not find answer. I've changed driver side motor 2x in the last 15 months. First one lasted a little over a year, second one went just under 3 months. 04 LC & all other locks are perfect. Anyone else had this problem? Could this be luck of the draw with crappy motors or some other problem? Thanks for any advice.

I've searched forum & can not find answer. I've changed driver side motor 2x in the last 15 months. First one lasted a little over a year, second one went just under 3 months. 04 LC & all other locks are perfect. Anyone else had this problem? Could this be luck of the draw with crappy motors or some other problem? Thanks for any advice.

That's weird. I would measure the voltage to the motor. Also maybe check your assembly of the actuator after replacing the motor. I had to take a second door apart to compare because I was not paying attention and didn't take pictures.

To clarify, windows have motors, door locks are actuators. I assume we're talking about actuators here

As ton504 said, are these OEM actuators or chinese ones? I would only get OEM unless you are planning on selling it.

For the actuator, there is an easy test the FSM outlines- continuity with 1&4 in the locked position. #1 is on the left with the tab side up. Then test the movement on 2 and 3, reversing them accordingly. I just replaced mine this weekend, continuity was good but did not move the arm.

To clarify, windows have motors, door locks are actuators. I assume we're talking about actuators here

As ton504 said, are these OEM actuators or chinese ones? I would only get OEM unless you are planning on selling it.

For the actuator, there is an easy test the FSM outlines- continuity with 1&4 in the locked position. #1 is on the left with the tab side up. Then test the movement on 2 and 3, reversing them accordingly. I just replaced mine this weekend, continuity was good but did not move the arm.
Actuator = whole assembly.
Motor = the small electric motor inside the actuator.

I replaced the mabuchi FC-280 motor in the actuator. If voltage off would they last as long as they did? I got the motors off amazon. The original motor looked the same. Is there another motor option.

I replaced the mabuchi FC-280 motor in the actuator. If voltage off would they last as long as they did? I got the motors off amazon. The original motor looked the same. Is there another motor option.
I don't think so, but I get why you're asking - I'm stumped.

Help! Anyone installed new motors & have them die so quickly?

Help! Anyone installed new motors & have them die so quickly?

You gotta make sure it is genuine Mabuchi motor you got and not Mabuchi alike motor you got. Or go OEM new actuator once and for all for another 10+ years of service.

If it is the Mabuchi motor, then it is just bad luck, unless its mechanically wrong assembled.
The power to the motors are 12V provided by 2 relays and can only be on/off or reversed polarity and is provided to all the door motors at the same time

Last edited:
If it is the Mabuchi motor, then it is just bad luck, unless its mechanically wrong assembled.
The power to the motors are 12V provided by 2 relays and can only be on/off or reversed polarity and is provided to all the door motors at the same time
You have a Land Cruiser in VIETNAM? I should call you for a ride next time I come back for a visit! :)

You gotta make sure it is genuine Mabuchi motor you got and not Mabuchi alike motor you got. Or go OEM new actuator once and for all for another 10+ years of service.

Can you guys (or anyone else) confirm this is the PN before I order: MabuchiFC 280PC-22125.

Thanks!

Can you guys (or anyone else) confirm this is the PN before I order: MabuchiFC 280PC-22125.

Thanks!

Mine were FC-280PT-22125 with collar. Not sure how the "PC" are different.

I replaced the actuator motor on a door of mine a few months back. Same door now will lock all the time but refuses to unlock. Before I open the door up to troubleshoot, does anyone have an idea what might be going on? Thanks!

I replaced the actuator motor on a door of mine a few months back. Same door now will lock all the time but refuses to unlock. Before I open the door up to troubleshoot, does anyone have an idea what might be going on? Thanks!

Probably need more info.......You can unlock the door other ways? The lock just won't unlock when using the key fob?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom