Door edge guards? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FrazzledHunter

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm not sure if this is even a good idea but I'm considering getting door edge guards for my 2018.
They're available OEM for other Toyota models but I can't seem to find an OEM part for an LC.
Anyone know if they exist for the LC?
Do they come pre-formed or might one for a Highlander work?
Thoughts on if this is even a good idea? (please be kind).
REF for the Highlander same year as my LC:
2018 Toyota Highlander Door Edge Guards - (070) Blizzard Pearl - PT9364814010 - Genuine Toyota Accessory

I used clear paint protection film made just for a door edge guard thing. Can't remember if it was a 3M product or Xpel. Links are to Amazon, but that's just so you can see them - I don't get anything for this - I'm sure it can be sourced many places.

I have that same Xpel stuff on my doors, I like it. I also put it on the top edge of the dropdown tailgate. It's done a good job of protecting from paint chipping when loading lumber and other stuff.

I used clear paint protection film made just for a door edge guard thing. Can't remember if it was a 3M product or Xpel. Links are to Amazon, but that's just so you can see them - I don't get anything for this - I'm sure it can be sourced many places.

I have that same Xpel stuff on my doors, I like it. I also put it on the top edge of the dropdown tailgate. It's done a good job of protecting from paint chipping when loading lumber and other stuff.

I should have mentioned that I have 3M film on the doors and am not sure how more film wrapping around would play.
I did find these folks but it looks like my choice in colors is chrome or black. Yuck.

I should have mentioned that I have 3M film on the doors and am not sure how more film wrapping around would play.
I did find these folks but it looks like my choice in colors is chrome or black. Yuck.

Did they wrap the film around the edge of the door? If so, I don't think you need anything else.

Ya that's not a good look with the chrome or black. Black would OK (I guess) if it was a black truck.

Did they wrap the film around the edge of the door? If so, I don't think you need anything else.

Ya that's not a good look with the chrome or black. Black would OK (I guess) if it was a black truck.
They actually did. But it's not sticking after a few months. If you look inside the lip of the door it's like a stepped crimp and it's not working well with the film. They're going to try and get it to stick down but they might have to trim it off. Hence my desire to get some sort of a door edge guard.

I'm still stunned that Toyota offers OEM door edge guards in factory colors for virtually every model but the LC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom