Dogs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beer first?
Why... I never drink it. If I had someone come over to work on my truck, it'd be easier to just pass them one. Hasn't happened yet. The one friend who helped with the engine replacement also rarely drinks.

Most of the time I've owned my 40 I didn't have enough money to build the truck and buy beer. The truck won out... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Why... I never drink it. If I had someone come over to work on my truck, it'd be easier to just pass them one. Hasn't happened yet. The one friend who helped with the engine replacement also rarely drinks.

Most of the time I've owned my 40 I didn't have enough money to build the truck and buy beer. The truck won out... 🤷‍♂️
I was just joking. You're better off for it. Health and wallet.

I was just joking. You're better off for it. Health and wallet.
No worries... I've often felt like if I started drinking I wouldn't stop.

I've come to terms with my decision to put money into my 40 rather than go out drinking. The teens I worked with drooled over my truck and wished they could have one.... I said it cost me $1000 a year... $20 a week... easily what they would spend on beer/bar/drinks. The math was simple...

Now it's no longer that way. Now it's $800 for a set of headrests...
68-83 Toyota landcruiser FJ40 OEM Headrests | eBay - https://www.ebay.ca/itm/314494703511?hash=item4939585797:g:mxAAAOSwDZ5kJzCZ&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwNZVe7WrMD0WVJfT0FrjN7fWKoDNVULsH9Nd61FIFgPuqOwgLpAHBAwckRnny4AoxamJ%2F1GjImS%2BEBQfYFYN9tMkf7ZTS1o8YPge05Ytim37F4yjkVW%2Fwnwz7X0G24upAU65%2BCP%2BEJ%2BNxdIlDR8fTnsnAOxC7Z7w7o3Ta0av6wuFAHCG5%2BH24%2BWjE0m5sBoczKA9FKhrnf1w7usKnoNupc84NiCLGxKNpdpvsfbjARUpOifYqxZtAx7lJnKtMm8bkw%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6TV9veQYg

No Longer just beer money. Perhaps it's time to sell my spare headrests and Jump seats... :D

I'll give you $20
These days that'd not even get much beer the way prices of everything have skyrocketing.

Unfortunately, I've got more into them than that. I'd consider trading them for mechanical/body work, but not giving them away when the remaining work I have to get done is going to cost me a small fortune.

While camping the last couple days:

IMG_20230707_080850834.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom