Does this look right to you? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Flash back got these ome shocks and springs off my buddy,
25k on them, they been sitting for over 2years,

My shop said it doesn't look to good and can't get the strut to move up and down on the short one.

They said it will look bad if I install them

Is this common on ome stuff?

They recommend me to upgrade the front t shocks to Bilstein 5100 and call it a day.

I'm running ome rear shocks and springs also and the rear shocks are fine.

Any input would be great

IMG_20181003_130753_01.jpg

They look like OME since they're yellow. Other than that, can't say what they are from just a photo.

Do you see how one spring is smaller in length over the other

If using original springs, make sure the mechanic knows the two front springs are DIFFERENT side to side. Make sure they get the driver side on the driver side.

I replaced my stock Bilsteins with 5100's so I could do a small lift. Can't really tell any difference in ride, except on washboards, the truck tends to drift more. So the combo of stock springs and 5100's is not quite as good as the stock config.

Using ome heavy in tge front/ome med in the rear.
But again was confused as the springs in the picture look to be different lengths, so was not sure if that is normal

Got my lift done replace those blown ome with some bilsteio 5100,wow drives so much better

Also got some ko bfg 285/70/17 installed also

IMG_20181006_142703_01.png

Front looks a bit over lifted; how did the alignment turn out?

On the other hand, if your plans include a steel bumper and 12k winch with an extra battery, the front may drop.

Yes, plan to add a front bumper with winch and extra battery...alig alignment was way off prior and everything is lined up perfect
Front looks a bit over lifted; how did the alignment turn out?

On the other hand, if your plans include a steel bumper and 12k winch with an extra battery, the front may drop.

Ya I plan to install a front bumper and extra battery and winch eventually, so I went with the heavy sorisprup front, and med in the rear, it drives so much better....
The stock sorinspand shocks had close to 248k

Good to hear, I lifted my front less than an inch, rear 1.5", and was at the limit of the alignment cams, my camber is off a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom