Does this concern anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TAC friends, I have posted this also to the 80 tech forum, but wanted to check with you all personally.
I am in the middle of a HG job and have come across something that I would like feedback on. It seems to be a minor imperfection on the block surface. I have included a photo in which this small area is circled. It is a "groove" (I call it that for lack of a better term) that just barely catches my fingernail when I rub across it with pressure. The hole that it is above is the furthest to the driver's side, cylinder 6 as seen in the 2nd photo. I have had two friends here look at it and neither think that it should be an issue. I am hoping that my lack of experience with this is just making me paranoid. I have a new OEM gasket and head bolts to put everything back together with. ALSO-Does this surface appear to be clean enough? I used a gasket scraper followed by brake cleaner and a red 3M pad. It all feels very smooth. Just wondering what you guys who have done this job before have encountered. Thanks!

IMG_3847.PNG

IMG_3845.jpg

Nothing I would worry about, but if you are really concerned you could fill it with some metal epoxy just make sure it doesn't protrude.

Thanks Rob!

I saw it. Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly on there. You are always very helpful.

Mine looked very similar and I was rebuilding my engine at the time, so I expected the machine shop to mill the block; however, he said that it did not look that bad, and you have to expect the gasket to do some of the work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom