Does Anyone Have Techstream I Can Use?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I have the typical VSC TRAC & VSC OFF lights on the dash of my 100 series. Narrowed it down to the front rear wheel speed sensors. I’ll be replacing my wheel bearings this Friday so I figured it would be a good time to possibly get this done as well. I really only need it to identify whether it’s the left or right front sensor. If someone happens to have Techstream already setup on a device that I could either borrow, or at least diagnose in your driveway it’d be much appreciated! Will pay in your currency of choice.

Last edited:
Bump. Tore down to the spindle for bearing replacement and cleaned both front sensors. They appear to be functioning normally and testing their resistance proved they were within proper spec. Now thinking it’s one of the rear sensors

5619C508-29A8-4CF6-9F37-29A0E5C395CF.jpeg

F57513E0-DB4E-4166-ACCD-D24C9044348B.jpeg

2935CEEA-543F-4258-9415-65465811D3D8.jpeg

you might want to check your zero point.
if you are possibly having any other symptoms like steering response changes or like wheels dragging in combo with that light coming on the zero point of the stability control may be off a degree or two.
had a customer with that issue, i could only scan it i couldnt reset it for her. she took it to the dealership and had it reset, wasnt too terribly expensive either.

you might want to check your zero point.
if you are possibly having any other symptoms like steering response changes or like wheels dragging in combo with that light coming on the zero point of the stability control may be off a degree or two.
had a customer with that issue, i could only scan it i couldnt reset it for her. she took it to the dealership and had it reset, wasnt too terribly expensive either.
Should've stated this but I have done a zero point calibration by jumping the two pins on the diagnostic port under the hood. It did not help and the lights continue to come back on.

For future reference I did get Techstream up and running on an old laptop if anyone needs to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom