Dobinsons MRA shock experiences. Good option for 200 Series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have experience with the Dobinsons MRA 3-Way adjustable lift kit for the 200 series?

I'm thinking about getting it to upgrade the stock suspension on my '16. I'm also considering the King OEM Performance Series and the Fox Factory Race Series, but leaning towards the Dobinsons.

I also need to figure out which lift to go with. I was thinking 1.5" in the front and stock height (or maybe 10mm) in the rear. I just want to level things out. But maybe I should go a little higher??

My LC gets some off road action but spend most of its time in the city. Looking to offset the softness of the stock ride and reduce some of the body roll, if possible. If I pick up some new UCAs, I was thinking SPC or the Dobinsons (which would round out the package).

I talked with Mike at Exit Offroad, who was very helpful. The kit looks solid but wondering if anyone has experience with it and can tell me how it rides.

Thanks.

I just updated my build thread about these. Just had them installed over the past few days. Only a half day experience with them so far, but they have completely transformed the ride. So far, they seem incredible.

As for offroad performance and longevity, I can't report on those yet. I'm also fairly new around here, so I don't have a deep bench of experience on which to make comparisons.

Last edited:
I just updated my build thread about these. Just had them installed over the past few days. Only a half day experience with them so far, but they have completely transformed the ride. So far, they seem incredible.

As for offroad performance and longevity, I can't report on those yet. I'm also fairly new around here, so I don't have a deep bench of experience on which to make comparisons.
Any experience regarding towing with these?

Thanks for your recommendation. I had them installed a couple of months ago by Main Line Overland in NH. along with some new UCAs and Dobinson springs front (C59-540) and rear (C59-559V). It gave me a 2" lift in the front and 1" in the back, which helped reduce some of the rake..

I couldn't be happier with the new set-up and I agree with your initial impressions. They're a BIG improvement over the stock suspension. Like night and day. I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I've noticed a significant reduction in body roll when going around corners and a more solid feel overall. It handles most New England pot-holes like a champ. I've taken it on some longer drives as well. Definitely offers a more comfortable ride. I haven't taken my LC off-road since installing them but it did well on some Cape Cod dunes. Overall, I think they're a really option for the money.

Thanks for your recommendation. I had them installed a couple of months ago by Main Line Overland in NH. along with some new UCAs and Dobinson springs front (C59-540) and rear (C59-559V). It gave me a 2" lift in the front and 1" in the back, which helped reduce some of the rake..

I couldn't be happier with the new set-up and I agree with your initial impressions. They're a BIG improvement over the stock suspension. Like night and day. I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I've noticed a significant reduction in body roll when going around corners and a more solid feel overall. It handles most New England pot-holes like a champ. I've taken it on some longer drives as well. Definitely offers a more comfortable ride. I haven't taken my LC off-road since installing them but it did well on some Cape Cod dunes. Overall, I think they're a really option for the money.
Can you post some pics of how your lift turned out? Exploring doing the same thing.

Would anyone happen to know the Dobinson spring rates? I am replacing the BP51s and would like to compare the front rates. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom