Dobinson IMS Lift Kit - 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those interested in the lower cost Dobinson IMS kit as compared to the MRA kit. Was purchased and installed by Adventure Motors Kansas City on my 2019 LC. They did a fabulous job and shout out to my guy Drake over there. Adventure Motors - https://adventure-motors.com/

Parts & Part #'s

Front Springs for V8 4.7L or 5.7L Gas : C59-542 (50mm-2") lift coil - 0-110 Load (Red)
Rear Springs: C59-545 (50mm-2") lift coil no load (Red)
2 Front IMS Struts, 2 Rear IMS Shocks
Optional Install Parts: DD59-530K Diff Drop Kit (Recommended for 2" Lift) (Installed)
Falken Wild Peak 285/65/18

Gain was roughly 2.5" in front (no load) and about 3/4" in rear over stock rake. No rubbing issues at all.
There is still a slight rear rake but levels out nicely pulling my boat. Ride is great, took about a full 1.5 MPG hit.

Before and after pics:
IMG_1804.JPG
IMG_2008.JPG
IMG_2285.JPG
IMG_2288.JPG
IMG_2287.JPG

Parts from Dobinson web site
Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 9.00.10 AM.png

That looks excellent and looks to be exactly what I'll need on mine.

How is the ride? Smoother than stock?

Think 34's would fit with that height?

I am not sure about the 34's, there is plenty of height clearance but the inner well rub might get you.

The ride is great, no nose dive, it is high I will tell you that. Smoother than stock, probably not, stock was a little floaty to me, this is solid without being rough. I actually took my running boards off at stock then put them back on for the Mrs. I am tall 6'5'' and I step down to the ground, the pictures dont do it justus to just how far it is off the ground. With that height it is a little more top heavy IMO. I am not pulling any G's though!

Sure. Easy to drop in 285/70r18. Minor rub but ideally with .75" or 1" spacers (+41 or +35 offset respectively) if using stock wheels.

Checkout this build

I have a different Dobinsons lift that nets about 2.5” and love it. I did Dobinsons UCAs to help fit bigger tires.

Did some upgrades today. Adventure motor sports in KCMO did the work. New Dobinson control arms and changed the springs out to C59-544 had the 542's originally. Front is just shy of 1/2 lower than the rear. Definitely on first drive it is a little stiffer up front. I think I can definitely get some 34's under it next tire change.

IMG_3934.jpeg
IMG_3948.jpeg
IMG_3951.jpeg
IMG_3946.jpeg

Looks great with the new upgrades. I am doing a little research on the Dobinson lift. My local shops loves them over other lifts.

PS love your body matched painted body moulding on the doors. Was a pretty simple deal? I always thought I wanted to paint mine flat black but the white looks awesome!

Looks great with the new upgrades. I am doing a little research on the Dobinson lift. My local shops loves them over other lifts.

PS love your body matched painted body moulding on the doors. Was a pretty simple deal? I always thought I wanted to paint mine flat black but the white looks awesome!
My local shop Adventure Motors are big fans and guided me that way. It works well for my needs. I actually have that other set I originally put on. They would work perfect with stock rear springs.

That is actually wrap and it has worked out great. Been about a year now. I run it through car wash weekly, no issues. I bought the wrap on Amazon, 3M has a color match. Local shop charged 300, I just took them off and gave it to them.

Looking at the same setup. Maybe stiffer in the rear with bumper and swingout weight (260lb) But what is your overall height now at the highest point? From ground to peak? I have a garage limitation and I think this will be real close. Thanks.

Well I never heard of such a thing, but the OP has mentioned in the first post here:

"Ride is great, took about a full 1.5 MPG hit."

Thus I was curious where that came from.
Probably the change in tires.

Lift also affects MPG. You're basically creating a bigger hole being punched through the air and introducing more drag to the undercarriage of the vehicle. Well documented phenomena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom