do they make electric lockers for ifs (01 tacoma) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a tacoma and i was wondering if anyone made electric lockers for an ifs suspension, my buddy said he didnt know of any but just in case...please help

nope. only for the rears. only selectable ifs locker is the ARB, which i highly recommend. had one in my 98 4runner...installed it when i regeared. already had the factory elocker out back

i had an arb in my taco in the front and it was nice... just make sure if you get one to carry a spare CV or 2 as you will bust the hell out of them with it.

... just make sure if you get one to carry a spare CV or 2 as you will bust the hell out of them with it.

It's always smart to carry a spare axle but you won't necessarily blow axles just because you have a front locker. Use it when you need it and don't do anything stupid while it's engaged and you will be fine.

^Indeed. Use it wisely and you'll get what you need out of it.

thats what i was afraid of, but thanks yall sved me hours of fruitless searching on the web.

if you use your truck wisely you wont be in a place that needs 4x4 much less a locker :p once i got the front locked on mine i was able to do much harder trails which leads to more problems with busting stuff and that now explains the solid axle in the front... its a never ending cycle.

if you use your truck wisely you wont be in a place that needs 4x4 much less a locker :p once i got the front locked on mine i was able to do much harder trails which leads to more problems with busting stuff and that now explains the solid axle in the front... its a never ending cycle.

LOL :D

:D

True and I have fallen into that vicious cycle of hitting harder trails like you did. When I did tougher trails like Pritchett and BTR (at least to me ;)) I carried 2 spare axles just in case. The difference between us is that I won't do a SAC on my 4Runner...I like where it is now and it would be too much of a pain in the ass on an '01.

yeah, i said i would never do an sas either bu my fj40 is rusted out and just not worth fixing, i couldnt bas my lx450 since its bone stock and in perfect shape, my old fj62 with a hole in the block was rusting away also and my perfectly good tacoma couldnt do real trails with ifs.... so i traded the lexus for a friends midly built runner plus cash, sold the fj40 for parts and then took all that money plus the axle from my 62 to build the taco. if i didnt just happen to have all that stuff i would have never done it but so far its been fun but over 6 months into it i still havent taken the truck out since i keep doing more to it will it sits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom