do they make a master cylender rebuild kit for the 89 cruisers?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by WckedMidas, Oct 26, 2005.

1. WckedMidas

WckedMidas

Like me asked above do they make a rebuild kit for the master cylender on a 89 fj-62? mine i got to pump the brakes twice to get any real pressure. and in four low i cant hardly stop the big pig?

2. overhanger

overhanger

Yes, but it would be a good time to upgrade to the FJ80 m/c with the 1" bore. About twice as expensive as the rebuild kit but a worthwhile mod and new to boot. Then when you want to go to the mini truck calipers you are already ahead of the game. For the rebuild kit, give C Dan a call. For the replacement m/c, Marlin Crawler had the best price at the time I did it.

3. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew On the way there SILVER Star

They make one-I just got one from Cruiserdan for a trail spare. However, for your uses, I would install a new master. They are not that expensive, and your brakes are pretty important. A new master will last another 20 years, a rebuilt master will last about 2 weeks.

4. scubasteve

scubasteve

I bought a new Master Cylinder from Cruser Dan two months ago. Paid around $100 for it. I had to replace my rear brake cylinders too 'cuz the new pressure blew them out. Then after that I had to do the front calipers. All new stuff. I can now stop on a dime. Messy job but worth the loss of the pucker factor when driving in traffic.

5. WckedMidas

WckedMidas

i discoverd my problemon the trail in four low. I was haveing one hell of a time getting her to stop. Just kept creeping and creeping. Then after a half fun half miserable day wheeling .I noticed i had to now dubble pump the brakes to get a solid pedal again.

ok so what years were the 80s made? im guessing master cylender off a 94 cruiser would work as long it not got the abs on it corect?
    If i do use it do i have to change any brake lines tubeing fittings ?
    If i dont have to modify the hell out the truck to use the newer one thats what ima do beins they the same price.

6. overhanger

overhanger

All you need to know: http://marlincrawler.com/brake.html Brake lines line right up with a very little bit of bending of one to fit on an FJ62. Line fittings are the same. The fluid level sender is different so a little rewiring is required but that's it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.