do they make a master cylender rebuild kit for the 89 cruisers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Like me asked above do they make a rebuild kit for the master cylender on a 89 fj-62? mine i got to pump the brakes twice to get any real pressure. and in four low i cant hardly stop the big pig?

Yes, but it would be a good time to upgrade to the FJ80 m/c with the 1" bore. About twice as expensive as the rebuild kit but a worthwhile mod and new to boot. Then when you want to go to the mini truck calipers you are already ahead of the game. For the rebuild kit, give C Dan a call. For the replacement m/c, Marlin Crawler had the best price at the time I did it.

WckedMidas said:
Like me asked above do they make a rebuild kit for the master cylender on a 89 fj-62? mine i got to pump the brakes twice to get any real pressure. and in four low i cant hardly stop the big pig?

They make one-I just got one from Cruiserdan for a trail spare. However, for your uses, I would install a new master. They are not that expensive, and your brakes are pretty important. A new master will last another 20 years, a rebuilt master will last about 2 weeks.

I bought a new Master Cylinder from Cruser Dan two months ago. Paid around $100 for it. I had to replace my rear brake cylinders too 'cuz the new pressure blew them out. Then after that I had to do the front calipers. All new stuff. I can now stop on a dime. Messy job but worth the loss of the pucker factor when driving in traffic.

i discoverd my problemon the trail in four low. I was haveing one hell of a time getting her to stop. Just kept creeping and creeping. Then after a half fun half miserable day wheeling .I noticed i had to now dubble pump the brakes to get a solid pedal again.

ok so what years were the 80s made? im guessing master cylender off a 94 cruiser would work as long it not got the abs on it corect?
If i do use it do i have to change any brake lines tubeing fittings ?
If i dont have to modify the hell out the truck to use the newer one thats what ima do beins they the same price.

All you need to know: http://marlincrawler.com/brake.html Brake lines line right up with a very little bit of bending of one to fit on an FJ62. Line fittings are the same. The fluid level sender is different so a little rewiring is required but that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom