Do GX460 seats fit in GX470s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MrTorgue

Grizzly Clint
Threads
Just curious if the GX460 or maybe another (newer) Toyota/Lexus product’s seats will fit. I’m new to the Toyota game so forgive my ignorance. I come from the Chrysler world where pretty much most seats are interchangeable.

I’d love to get a ventilated set of seats...

Good question! Never seen anyone compare the two someone who has access to both could easily check the bolt pattern. But the airbag sensors are where life would be complicated.

I am curious as well. The price of 460 seat are still pretty high.
I got 460 husky mats in my 05 470 and the front are almost the same except the dead pedal are a lot shorter on 460. I also tried running boards off 5th gen 4runner under my 05 GX470 and the bolt pattern match. So the floorboard are highly possible to match. The electrical is the one we need to worry about. The cooled seat would need the controller integrated and if it use Canbus it can be hard to integrate.

Good question! Never seen anyone compare the two someone who has access to both could easily check the bolt pattern. But the airbag sensors are where life would be complicated.

I figured this would be the best route to find out

I am curious as well. The price of 460 seat are still pretty high.
I got 460 husky mats in my 05 470 and the front are almost the same except the dead pedal are a lot shorter on 460. I also tried running boards off 5th gen 4runner under my 05 GX470 and the bolt pattern match. So the floorboard are highly possible to match. The electrical is the one we need to worry about. The cooled seat would need the controller integrated and if it use Canbus it can be hard to integrate.

I’m sure you could wire the ventilator separately to a switch—this is what I’m hoping I could do. This is what I’ll end up doing on my other project (Dodge Charger) when I swap its seats out.

I’m bumping this thread to see if anyone may have an insight that missed the topic the last time. :D

Are there any after market products?
I know there are after market seat heaters, but are there any seat coolers/fans??

Are there any after market products?
I know there are after market seat heaters, but are there any seat coolers/fans??

I haven't found any aftermarket solutions. I’m brainstorming a way to fab something up but I need a garage so my experiment will have to wait until next month when I move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom