Do all 84-90 70 Series... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would have hoped they would be similar. My mindset being like other auto manufacturers what to keep production cost down by using the same parts on same series vehicles. Thoughts?

I would have hoped they would be similar. My mindset being like other auto manufacturers what to keep production cost down by using the same parts on same series vehicles. Thoughts?

This applies and yet doesn’t apply to the 7x series.

There were several hundred possible configurations/trims of the 7x during this time period. All vehicle and market specific.

Looks like its time to bust the tools out and fab parts. I was just hoping to buy something already stamped out and cut then weld. It'll be body off frame this winter for repairs.

I couldnt see a part number for an 85 model but there is one for the 90- on models
Im not sure how different they are, although the dimensions would be the same

58111-90K96

And some of the Australian vendors sell these for the 75 series. They may be the part you need as they are only the part where your feet go.
About $105 AUD each TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 75 SERIES 1984 - 1989 FRONT FLOOR PAN REPAIR PANEL RH - Australian Made - Aveska
1570155778560.png

They look similar but I think cold taco and Onar are correct in saying they are to different to be used. I will know how bad the damage is in about a month or so when I have the body off. Ive already started to buy some of the metal for the repairs.

I had always thought the 7* series all had the same floor pans as in that rust replacement panel but differed from the seat mounting back. There is no part number from Toyota because I don't believe they make anything like this

I had always thought the 7* series all had the same floor pans as in that rust replacement panel but differed from the seat mounting back. There is no part number from Toyota because I don't believe they make anything like this
the floor under the front seats of the Ute/Troopie is higher, therefore the seat legs are shorter, due to the main fuel tank located under the front seats. All other models have the main tank in the back of the vehicle.

the floor under the front seats of the Ute/Troopie is higher, therefore the seat legs are shorter, due to the main fuel tank located under the front seats. All other models have the main tank in the back of the vehicle.

Hmmmmmm? Maybe just maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea after all? Then installing the Ute/trooper fuel tank under the seat? Run two tanks... just dreaming is all.

Last edited:

I know they are higher under the seat, but the actual part of the floor where your feet touch appear to be the same , which means those rust panels may suit all 7* series

I know they are higher under the seat, but the actual part of the floor where your feet touch appear to be the same , which means those rust panels may suit all 7* series
Those particular panels I would say should work on all floors, you might have to trim some to fit at the back, maybe.

Hmmmmmm? Maybe just maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea after all? Then installing the Ute/trooper fuel tank under the seat? Run two tanks... just dreaming is all.
The main tank is under the floor, unlike the 40’s where the tank sits under the seat and on the floor.

A lot of work. If I wanted a longer range I would get a Long Ranger tank where the current tank sits and carry a fuel can on the rear bumper. Or find somewhere for a fuel bladder.
Just so much cheaper and less down time.

This is a 75 /78 series auxilliary tank, it replaces the same tank you have and gives 180 litres

1570280029203.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom