DIY Leather Seat Replacement (lots of pictures) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My driver side leather seat bottom was unprofessionally repaired at the Nelly Lexus of Atlanta prior to the sale (see first circled pic).
It looked so bad in person and I knew I had to do something about it.
Before the actual replacement of the leather itself, I even tried the SeatDoctors ( Custom VIN Matched Leather Dye — Seat Doctors - https://www.seatdoctors.com/diy-leather-dye/ ) leather dye but after 6 months, it started to flake and made it even worse.
I've seen plenty of members here with good result but it didn't work on my leather seat... YMMV.

Anyway, I ordered a full set of front leather replacement set including the arm rest from Lseat for like $418.
If you just need to replace the bottom of front seat only, then eBay seller sells one for a lot cheaper (he can make one in both black or ivory).

I've seen plenty of horror stories from the internet about Lseat, and its lousy fitment or perhaps the quality.
Honestly, the leather seems pretty good quality IMHO and the price you can't really complain.
Just tried the bottom piece first to see whether or not it is worth the time and effort to replace.
As you can see the from the picture, it looks pretty good and feels very nice.
One thing to note, it is in matt finish compare to satin finish of OEM leather.
You can apply some sort of leather conditioner to help blending with OEM leather, however, I'm planning to replace the whole front seat anyway.

The process is pretty straightforward, however, If you're an impatient person, maybe have someone install it for you.
My local shop quoted me for $400 to replace 2 front seats and arm rest and I think it's totally worth it.
However, if you have time and you're somewhat DIY type of person, then by all means go for it.
Just take your time and make sure order a Hog Ring Pliers Set from Amazon
Angled pilar works even better but I didn't have any issue reattaching the hog rings.

Also, make sure you disconnect the battery before removing front seat that has an airbag.
The plastic cover of front seat got some screws so don't try to yank it.
Use cloth steamer or even a high-pressure steamer to recondition the seat foam that compressed over the time.
Also use the steamer to reduce the wrinkle after the installation if needed.
Document your progress with pictures so you can put it back together properly.

Amazon product ASIN B07CVCT721

IMG_7563.jpg

IMG_7610.jpg

IMG_7650.jpg

IMG_7476.jpg

IMG_7479.jpg

Now it is a good time to clean your seat fan cover.
IMG_7480.jpg

IMG_7485.jpg

IMG_7486.jpg

IMG_7487.jpg

IMG_7490.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_7525.jpg

IMG_7525.jpg

IMG_7545.jpg

IMG_7550.jpg

IMG_7554.jpg

IMG_7555.jpg

IMG_7561.jpg

IMG_7566.jpg

Be very careful about the seat heating element and spray a little bit of adhesive on taps only.
Do not spray the whole seat element assembly as it will damage your heating element next time you try to remove.

IMG_7567.jpg

IMG_7572.jpg

IMG_7575.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like quite a job!
I’ve had the eBay bottom in my cart for three years. My seat had a tear when I got it, I keep thinking I’ll glue it, but haven’t made time yet.

I’m
Looks like quite a job!
I’ve had the eBay bottom in my cart for three years. My seat had a tear when I got it, I keep thinking I’ll glue it, but haven’t made time yet.
Took me almost half day to replace just the bottom... :(
I also repaired the small rear seat tear but the glue made the patched area very hard. :(

Can anyone link the eBay seat bottom? My dad had a screw driver in his back pocket and punctured my driver seat bottom a while back. And the bolster is getting worn.

Thanks. I've found these before but I don't see gray leather. Am I missing something?
You can request it from them.
Originally, I didn’t see the black color as an option.
When I contacted them, they said they can make one in pretty much any color.
Send them a message and confirm with the seller.

Also, check with Lseat if they can make you a bottom piece only… worth a try.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom