DIY Cooler/Fridge Slide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UPR LC

GOLD Star
Threads
Built a fridge slide for the rear of the cruiser. I needed something to keep the 3rd row intact and have it be easily removable. I also have a lock box in the rear, so it needed to be clear the box in the rear. I have a family of 6, so this allows us to have one seat down in the 3rd row and have the fridge mounted. Built with 1/2" Baltic Birch plywood, poplar 1x, 400lb slides from amazon (32"), and steel bars on the base used for mounting to the seat anchor pockets in the floor. The "cabinet" is open when the fridge slides to the back, available for gear storage. The cabinet mounts using ubolts to the rear seat mount bars in the floor. Two ubolts removed and the cabinet can be lifted out. The slides rattle a bit on rough roads, I may add a strap to stop a slight amount of front-back movement.

I get to test it out on a trip in two weeks. We will see how it handles wheeling, I may need to add some supports after the trip.

fridge slide 1.jpg
fridge slide 2.jpg
fridge slide 3.jpg

First trip off road with the fridge slide was a success. No movement at all and nice to easily get to the fridge at the tail gate.

Camp1.jpg

Fridge Slide Interior.jpg

Rear Tailgate1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom