DIY 4-tire air Inflate / Deflate system issues? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Wondering if anyone can help out here. On paper, this thing should equalize pressure in all tires, and inflated / deflate at a consistent rate. It does not. It seems to work better on the rear tires, but certainly not equity driver / passenger sides. It also barely works on the front tires which seems weird because in theory those are closer to the compressor. I also installed a 120 PSI switch on the compressor, luckily, that turns the compressor off after running for 3 or 4 minutes. The pressure builds up in the hoses and I have to release them from the connections to release the pressure before I can proceed. I'm hoping someone can look at my valves/components and tell me that maybe they're the wrong types to use for this? Thanks in advance!

IMG_3236.JPG

IMG_3237.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG

IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3240.JPG

Sounds like a constriction or blockage(s).

I made one much like that that equalizes pressure on any tires you connect it to. I did use different ends that lock on and are only open when on a valve stem.

1648830153680.png

I didn't use any of those quick release fittings between the valve body and the hoses, mine are attached directly using the fittings sold by the hose manufacturer. Maybe these create some restrictions for you?

I used these to re-terminate the air hose where I needed threaded ends:
1648830062999.png

Last edited:
You are just going to have to be systematic in your troubleshooting approach. If everything was flowing properly and you got even a single chuck to wheel connected (ie. pressurizing a tire), you should "never" be able to get to 120psi to shut off your compressor. So the only way it should turn off your compressor do to pressure when trying to inflate 4 tires would be if you managed to get all 4 chucks not seated well.

Does your gauge show 120psi when the switch shuts off the compressor?

Is it possibly heat that is shutting off the compressor. I don't know how strong that compressor is, but I suspect it would take close to 1min per PSI or so to inflate 4 tires.

Odd. I use the same schraeder valve attachments, and while they do tend to leak a bit until seated, don't have any other issues with them.
I'd check your manifold . . . any assymmetrical issues probably start there. If the hoses all see the same pressure (tires + compressor) it should equalize out pretty quick. Mine shows within 1 psi on the TPMS, and closer on a manual gauge.

You can always guarantee a perfect balance by turning off the input valve and letting the tires alone equalize thru the manifold. If you don't have this happen, again, that sounds like manifold issue.

I use similar valves to, and like you said, sometimes they don't lock on great the first time, but usually a few attempts will get it. I"m rebuilding mine, since i used some cheap hose i had lying around in the shed. It was almost impossible to deal with in the cold, so i ordered some warehouse deals flexzilla.

You are just going to have to be systematic in your troubleshooting approach. If everything was flowing properly and you got even a single chuck to wheel connected (ie. pressurizing a tire), you should "never" be able to get to 120psi to shut off your compressor. So the only way it should turn off your compressor do to pressure when trying to inflate 4 tires would be if you managed to get all 4 chucks not seated well.

Does your gauge show 120psi when the switch shuts off the compressor?

Is it possibly heat that is shutting off the compressor. I don't know how strong that compressor is, but I suspect it would take close to 1min per PSI or so to inflate 4 tires.
I think it sounds like a chuck to wheel connection, or the valve. I thought the pressure shut-off at first was heat, but after it happened a few times, I realized releasing the hoses from the valve then turning it back on immediately without cooling off the compressor worked every time. My gauge only goes to 60 psi so I can only assume it's close to 120 psi when the compressor shuts off.

I use similar valves to, and like you said, sometimes they don't lock on great the first time, but usually a few attempts will get it. I"m rebuilding mine, since i used some cheap hose i had lying around in the shed. It was almost impossible to deal with in the cold, so i ordered some warehouse deals flexzilla.
Right on. Flexzilla is awesome so far in my experience.

Sounds like a constriction or blockage(s).

I made one much like that that equalizes pressure on any tires you connect it to. I did use different ends that lock on and are only open when on a valve stem.

View attachment 2968599

I didn't use any of those quick release fittings between the valve body and the hoses, mine are attached directly using the fittings sold by the hose manufacturer. Maybe these create some restrictions for you?

I used these to re-terminate the air hose where I needed threaded ends:
View attachment 2968597
I like this approach. Are you saying the hose to tire thread attachments are screwed onto the threads?

I am not positive I'm reading your question correctly. The part that attaches to the valve stem on the tire has a locking collar. When the collar is pulled back (away from the end) the air flow is blocked, but when it is on the valve stem, the collar is locked forward, air flows freely, and they are firmly attached to the valve stem.

Here is a link to the ones I used:
Amazon product ASIN B08BTPG6J8
Not me, but the same product:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom