Divorced Transfer Case? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TJDIV

UP of MI.
Threads
Website
www.roamwherever.com
I was conversing with a guy today who rattled off more knowledge than I've heard in a while....

One thing caught my attention....he was talking about a divorced transfer case to offset the angle to the rear axle. Interesting idea, I've never thought of it, and I honestly prefer the idea I'm doing, of just replacing the front and rear axles and transfer case.

Just wondering if anyone has done the Divorce Thing...(with your transfer case), and wondering how it works...

Oh, and in the middle of all this financial frollick, my company merged this week, and my job was instantaneously eliminated. Oh well...more time to work on the ride. :cheers:

Sorry about your job. I know how it feels.

Regarding a divorced transfer case, if you're talking about a fj40, drivetrain length will be an issue as you have a shaft between the tranny and t-case plus front and rear d-shafts. At least that's my understanding. There are many options out there for offset and centered rearends.

Yep ... cruiserman hit it. Divorced cases are common for stuff with a longer wheelbase but if you're driving a 40 and only 90 inches total wheelbase, fitting it under there and having a driveshft over 1 inch long would be hard to manage.

Fullsize Fords and Sammi's had divorced t-cases, so there is room in a small rig. However, I'm not sure what yer trying to accomplish - offsetting the rear angle?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom