Dissent offroad lc60/lc62 front bumper. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered my rear this morning -- already have their 100 series front+rear+roof rack. Stoked to finally replace my crappy 4x4 labs rear bumper. Still so disappointed by my 4x4 labs one done by Luke and his team.

Has anyone done an install thread for the front bumper? Mine is sitting waiting for some warmer weather and it came with zero documentation.
I've installed mine just to test fit, I'm in the process of tearing my 62 down so it won't get painted and installed permanently for several months. It's pretty straight forward, other than the 2 brackets with the large circular holes, I have no idea where they go.
IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

Has anyone done an install thread for the front bumper? Mine is sitting waiting for some warmer weather and it came with zero documentation.
I've installed mine just to test fit, I'm in the process of tearing my 62 down so it won't get painted and installed permanently for several months. It's pretty straight forward, other than the 2 brackets with the large circular holes, I have no idea where they go.

Yes it's very straight forward, you'll remove some rivets in the frame and then use those holes to mount the bumper, and then there are 3 M8 bolts at the back that tie into the crossmember I believe.

The other pieces are just washer plates to reinforce the frame if you have any corrosion or you plan on taking the bumper on/off multiple times.

Yes it's very straight forward, you'll remove some rivets in the frame and then use those holes to mount the bumper, and then there are 3 M8 bolts at the back that tie into the crossmember I believe.

The other pieces are just washer plates to reinforce the frame if you have any corrosion or you plan on taking the bumper on/off multiple times.
Oh yea, I forgot about Rivets. I already had an ARB installed so I didn't have to deal with that. Taking my ARB off was 10x more of a pain in the ass than installing the Dissent. I had to use a bunch of different combinations of wrenches, short sockets, deep stocks, even zip ties to hold wrenches, to get the ARB off.

I figured those plates were optional. Fortunately for me, I didn't need them. The Toyota factory self self-lubricating frame feature has kept the front of my frame looking like the day it came off the assembly line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom